Docker Engine update?

Discussion about Docker
sports_wook

Docker Engine update?

Post by sports_wook »

The Docker app has been neglected and is still on v17.05.5. Last updated over a year ago. Could we PLEASE get the Docker Engine updated in the Applications center?? I rely on Docker for most of my uses for the NAS since the built-in applications cause issues for me (and many others on this forum).
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Docker Engine update?

Post by TMroy »

The docker engine will be updated soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gandalf1369
United States of America

Post by Gandalf1369 »

Has anyone updated their Docker Manager installation (TOS5) with the new version just recently posted by TerraMaster?? If yes - any problems or issues??
F5-221 with 4x5TB drives in Raid 5 (Plex Media Server, TOS 4.2.40)
F4-220 with 2x8TB, 1x6TB in JBOD (Docker, PiHole, Uptime-Kuma, tnfsd-x64, TOS 5.1.123)
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

I have just pushed the button but did not think to check what i was currenlty running.

this is what I am running post update:

Code: Select all

[matt@TNAS-7702 root]# docker-compose --version
docker-compose version 1.27.4, build 40524192
[matt@TNAS-7702 root]# docker --version
Docker version 17.05.0-ce, build 89658be
[matt@TNAS-7702 root]# 

Sadly docker is still 5 years old.

I'm told there is an update coming 'soon' but am unsure to what version and when

I just hope it's to a 20.x version and not 17.6. I understand it takes a while to test however if the testing and release is not completed quicker than the age of the available version vs the actual version is only going to get larger and larger.

I'm quite keen to hear everyone else's opinion on this as docker is easily the most used feature on my NAS
Gandalf1369
United States of America

Post by Gandalf1369 »

I was notified yesterday that the update for Docker Manager is now available. I got a pop-up message and a "red circle" appearing on the "App Center" icon on the TOS5 desktop. Don't know what version it is since I haven't updated yet.
F5-221 with 4x5TB drives in Raid 5 (Plex Media Server, TOS 4.2.40)
F4-220 with 2x8TB, 1x6TB in JBOD (Docker, PiHole, Uptime-Kuma, tnfsd-x64, TOS 5.1.123)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

docker engine will be updated soon, maybe in one or two weeks.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

Thanks for the update TMroy, i look forward to giving it ago in the next few weeks.

@Gandalf1369,

Apart from it blowing away my redownloaded images, once i pressed start on my compose script again, it downloaded the images and it looks to be working.
chourmovs

Post by chourmovs »

I'm quite keen to hear everyone else's opinion on this as docker is easily the most used feature on my NAS
definitely, docker need to be uptodate and running for every Nas lover
TNas F2-220
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Could we also get Docker updated on version 4.x for those of us who haven't had the time to upgrade to 5.x yet? Would be great to also get the security and performance fixes for older versions as well. I know you'll push me to update to 5.x and I plan to eventually, but that will be a very time consuming process for me and I won't be able to do that for quite some time. An update to Docker (and other apps in the store) on 4.x would be greatly appreciated not only by me, but by others who may be hesitant to try out 5.x in the early stages.
yurok712

Post by yurok712 »

I have TOS v5 (5.0.166) with updated docker manager (1.1.44), but docker engine still has version v17.05.5.
When are will update version of docker engine to latest stable release?