Docker install and/or startup problems

Discussion about Docker
fbennett

Docker install and/or startup problems

Post by fbennett »

TOS version 4.2.17

I tried to install Docker from the available applications and the first time I did it, it started but I was unable to download containers. It simply said "Error" with no further explanation.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This time I did not get an option to put an icon on the desktop, only an option to 'Start"
When I try to start the app it says 'Successful' but the status still says it's stopped. I have no icon or any other way to get into Docker now, due to previous problem so I don't know if it actually installed or started.

I have restarted TNAS and it's the same. Reinstalled Docker a couple of times and it's the same. I can't seem to find this version of the Docker app anywhere for a manual install and I haven't been able to find a way to manually add an icon to the desktop to start the app (if it did in fact install).

I also used the file manager to find and delete the 'docker' folder from 'appdata' and then tried to reinstall it again. That made no difference.

Any hints as to how to either manually install Docker or manually create a startup icon for it to see if this version is working now?

Please don't suggest that I reinstall TOS. That's not going to happen because I had a nightmare with TOS the first time around and it's been working and stable for a couple of years now so I am not about to change that and also lose all my files.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Docker install and/or startup problems

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! You can contact our tech team to have a remote session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Roccia7
Italy

Post by Roccia7 »

fbennett wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 01:01 TOS version 4.2.17

I tried to install Docker from the available applications and the first time I did it, it started but I was unable to download containers. It simply said "Error" with no further explanation.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This time I did not get an option to put an icon on the desktop, only an option to 'Start"
When I try to start the app it says 'Successful' but the status still says it's stopped. I have no icon or any other way to get into Docker now, due to previous problem so I don't know if it actually installed or started.

I have restarted TNAS and it's the same. Reinstalled Docker a couple of times and it's the same. I can't seem to find this version of the Docker app anywhere for a manual install and I haven't been able to find a way to manually add an icon to the desktop to start the app (if it did in fact install).

I also used the file manager to find and delete the 'docker' folder from 'appdata' and then tried to reinstall it again. That made no difference.

Any hints as to how to either manually install Docker or manually create a startup icon for it to see if this version is working now?

Please don't suggest that I reinstall TOS. That's not going to happen because I had a nightmare with TOS the first time around and it's been working and stable for a couple of years now so I am not about to change that and also lose all my files.
You have My same problemi. I solve this way
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2793#p15379
But first i used this file browser
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1828
I searched for 'docker' and delete a lot of file and folder, not all. Then i reinstalled 1 or 3 Times the app and i have the icon. And Then i used ssh command to download the image
TNAS F2-220
TOS 5.0.176
fbennett

Post by fbennett »

@Roccia7 - TM tech advised that I needed to upgrade the kernel and provided a link to download it. After kernel upgrade I had no problem installing Docker and it has been running fine ever since then. Here is the message I received from them:

You need to update the kernel of F2-210.

1.login in to SSH terminal and switch to root:

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2350

2.Please uexecute the follow instruction:

ter_wget http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/firmware.img

mv firmware.img /tmp

cd /tmp

up.sh