Syncthing in Docker

Discussion about Docker
Soiled.Tomatoe

Syncthing in Docker

Post by Soiled.Tomatoe »

I don't think I'm a docker pro but have a bit of time using it on other appliances/computers with great success. That said, I recently figured out after reading the terramaster docker documentation how to get some containers going in this NAS box. Previously, about year+ ago, I tried to get this running by just winging it but for whatever reason wasn't able to as docker seemed broken at the time. I've also searched the forum for a potential answer to the issue and only came up with this post, but that seems to have been locked at this point in time.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1178#p5947
Anyway back to the present. Is there a config somewhere to set the docker packages config to persist?
Every time I reboot Syncthing it seems to reset to a default, new install, state. All the remote devices and shared folders are gone and the device ID resets to an alphanumeric string.
I've tried several options from enabling auto start and to using other ports (which I didn't really think would change anything) but nothings worked so far. I've also tried using the linuxserver|syncthing and syncthing|syncthing container but it seems to result in the same issue. I do not seem to get that issue if I try Resilio and neither (from what I can tell) running paperless. But I don't have much use for paperless on this box since I already have another instance going.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: Syncthing in Docker

Post by TMnorah »

Hello!
You can try the following installation package to see if it works normally. You can get the Syncthing installation package at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15tmLJx ... sp=sharing
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Soiled.Tomatoe

Re: Syncthing in Docker

Post by Soiled.Tomatoe »

Thank you, I'll give that a try and post back. I've requested access to the file in the meantime.