Docker container creating with volumes set to read only

Discussion about Docker
matt_30

Docker container creating with volumes set to read only

Post by matt_30 »

Has anyone experienced a problem where when a container using a docker compose script, it sets the volumes to read only?

I could swear this was not happening 2 weeks ago, I have also upgraded to TOS version 4.2.17-20110301149-P1.18

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is happening for all containers I am currenlty starting.
Attachments
2021-11-28 20_05_18-Desktop - TOS.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Docker container creating with volumes set to read only

Post by TMSupport »

Do not check "Read only", and the default setting is read and write permissions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

HI support,

I have not checked 'Read Only'. I encountered a problem where my containers were not starting which I was creating, and the problem was traced to them being created as 'Read Only'.

You have mentioned the default setting is for Read-Write permissions. Please, can you tell me where this setting is, so I can confirm it is set to the defaults.

Kind Regards,
Matt.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Judging from the screenshot you attached earlier, "Read only" has been selected, thus you should uncheck it and then click "Apply".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

Hi support, that is what I did however, when I redeploy the container the box ticks itself again. I have to manually go in and stop every container and untick the boxes again to get things working again.

You have mentioned the default setting is for Read-Write permissions. Please, can you tell me where this setting is, so I can confirm it is set to the defaults. This is nothing i have changed manually.

Kind Regards,
Matt.
TM220user

Post by TM220user »

matt_30 wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 04:14 Has anyone experienced a problem where when a container using a docker compose script, it sets the volumes to read only?
_snip_
This is happening for all containers I am currenlty starting.
I haven't used Docker Compose yet, but even *without it*, I've been fighting with this issue for almost two weeks now.

Bare in mind, I'm on an old install 4.1.30, but yes, I've absolutely had the issue present itself where a docker container (or its variables rather) get their permissions changed during the launch process.

After getting into root and having a bit of a look around, I'm pretty sure I've finally tracked it down to the "allusers" issue. Basically where allusers is greyed out in the user's settings even in separate user profiles (meaning not linked by the user in any way).

In my case it's a 'factory issue' that I'm currently needing to resolve. Something to do with how all user created user accounts get tied into the allusers category, which also has admin access by default. :oops:

At any rate, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go into the docker-related user account, and manually change the UID and GUID setting, because the 'allusers' setting is overriding the group user permissions settings.
F2-220 (x86 flavored!)
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

I still have the same problem.

TMS support do not seam to understand the problem. I have had to put this project on hold.

I am hoping that when the 5.0 firmware comes out this problem goes away however i am not too so hopeful on this one.

Its a shame this hardware has so much potential, however its locked down in non-standard ways.

Im beginning to think I should have just brought atx case, installed rocky Linux and managed it myself.