ERROR downloading form docker hub.

Discussion about Docker
Dragonpme

ERROR downloading form docker hub.

Post by Dragonpme »

Anyone have any advice on how to get docker to work at all. All i get is 'error' when trying to download any package.
unixtall

Re: ERROR downloading form docker hub.

Post by unixtall »

To me works fine. Could you put a screenshot?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Could you advise your TNAS model number? As for F2-210, it may has this problem because of the kernel. And you need to upgrade your TOS system to upgrade the kernel. So if it's F2-210, please download the update package from this link:https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0 ... 111715.bz2, and manually update your TOS even if it's 4.1.16.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
michaels2408

Post by michaels2408 »

I'm running the F2-210 with the most recent software 4.18 and it's having the exact same problem, as well as some other issue. I am concerned about uploaded this software linked in the above comment as its version 4.16
Please advise.
michaels2408

Post by michaels2408 »

I attempted some troubleshooting. rlogin into my TOS -NAS device and elevate to root privileges.
when I try to start or restart the docker service - root@xxxxxxxxx:/home/admin# service docker start (or restart)
i get the following:
Starting Docker: docker
If I try to stop the docker service - root@xxxxxxxx:/home/admin# service docker stop
i get the following:
Stopping Docker: docker
start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 12316: No such process
No process in pidfile '/var/run/docker-ssd.pid' found running; none killed.

root@xxxxxxxx:/home/admin# /mnt/md0/application/bin/docker ps
gives me:
Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
root@xxxxxxxxxxx:/home/admin# /mnt/md0/application/bin/docker pull mysql/mysql-server (trying to download mysql server from command line)
########notice that the docker bin is not in the path for root and I had to use the fully path to run#########
gives me:
Using default tag: latest
Warning: failed to get default registry endpoint from daemon (Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?). Using system default: https://index.docker.io/v1/
Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, it's possible the reason of the kernel. Please try to download the update package and manually update your TOS system to update the kernel even if you are running 4.1.18 already.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
vlimen2

Post by vlimen2 »

Hi all.
_Michaesl2408, did you downgrade to 4.16. the system?
Did you success install Jellyfin?
I'm afraid of doing that.
I have a F2-210 NAS with Emby and I want to migrate to Jellyfin.
I get the same ERROR: ERROR when trying to download a container from the docker hub.