Docker and Tautulli problems

Discussion about Docker
unixtall

Docker and Tautulli problems

Post by unixtall »

I have a problem with the container Tautulli. It cant connect with plex via local network (10.10.10.4:32400) or ddns.

When Tautuilli is trying to connect to the url always give me an error:

" Failed to access uri endpoint /status/sessions. Request timed out: HTTPConnectionPool(host='10.10.10.4', port=32400): Max retries exceeded with url: /status/sessions (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f5e43d78ca0>, 'Connection to 10.10.10.4 timed out. (connect timeout=15)'))
"

If i enter in the own container with the next command "docker exec -it nameContainer bin/bash", i can check that i can get ping for google, my ddns and also with the ip router. But no with the ip of NAS (10.10.10.4).

Tautuilli is installed like bridge, because it uses the port 8181. You cant use like host. 8181 is the default port that TOS is using.

Plex is installed with app terramaster store.

I have tested this in differents scenarios:
1) I have installed in another machine with ubuntu, docker and all its fine. I can connect.
2) I have installed the application Tautuilli directly in windows and works fine.

I think there is a problem with the docker network in the nas.

I have just checked the version of docker in terramaster is a little old: Docker version 17.05.0-ce, build 89658be. The actual version docker is 19.03.8. Maybe, is there the error?

I dont know what to do more.

Please create a testing scenario and check it. For me is very important.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Docker and Tautulli problems

Post by TMS »

We will test and verify this issue first, and get back to you with the result later.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

{L_BUTTON_AT}unixtall
Docker containers, by default, cannot connect to the host network.
Before enabling Tautulli image, select Network>host.
Attachments
docker1.png
docker1.png (15.12 KiB) Viewed 4584 times
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

If you put host. Yo cant access the application
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

And this i not the problem. I have the ip with ddns. And nothing. The same error. Docker can not connect with any local IP or external IP (DDNS). This error happenned with the last plex version or docker. I dont know.

I told you that i did the same in a virtual machine with ubuntu and docker. And it works fine. I think this a problem un docker system in the own NAS
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

The TOS default port (8181) can be changed to other unoccupied ports.What tautulli image do you use?
You can refer to this link:https://www.reddit.com/r/Tautulli/comme ... ology_nas/
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

Tautulli uses 8181. Where can i change TOS port?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

TOS Control Panel >Network > General
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

Ok if the network is host i can connect to local host 10.10.10.4:32400

But if i want to connect outside, to a ddns, Cant connect.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

You should configure port mapping on the router and binding with DDNS, then you can connect outside.