Docker daemon not starting

Discussion about Docker
pabs

Docker daemon not starting

Post by pabs »

Hi

The docker daemon is not starting automatically when powering on the NAS. it was before I updated to 4.2.06.

I tried to re-install the app from the TOS desktop but I still have the same issue.

What can I do to make it start when the NAS boots up ?

Thanks
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Docker daemon not starting

Post by TMS »

Please advise your TNAS model number and cutrrent TOS version,we will verify your problem, you can also send an email to contact the technical support team to let our engineers find the cause remotely.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
pabs

Post by pabs »

My NAS is a F2-210, version of TOS is 4.2.06-2011031755

Docker version is 17.05.4.

Also, when I click on the docker app shortcut in the desktop of TOS, then the daemon is started.
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

Yea, I too find communication between TOS and Docker inconsistent. I have some containers obeying the autostart option within the Docker app but also one container disregarding that option. I had to manually run that one container with the --restart option for it to autostart.

Anyways, for your Docker to start automatically again you need to SSH as root and try the command:

Code: Select all

systemctl enable docker
Hope it works.
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

yerc1 wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 03:00 Anyways, for your Docker to start automatically again you need to SSH as root and try the command:

systemctl enable docker
Hope it works.
I would have edited the above post but the editing window is over.

Sorry the command won't work. I assumed as TOS has systemd that it also uses systemctl, which I now found it doesn't.
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
pabs

Post by pabs »

@TM support, do you guys have a solution to this issue ?

Thanks
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

There is no solution for the time being, we are already investigating the problem.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
pabs

Post by pabs »

In /var/log/messages I have:

Dec  4 09:09:28 TNAS user.notice procd: /usr/local/bin/dockerd not present or not executable
But :

root@nas:~# ll /usr/local/bin/dockerd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Nov 26 08:50 /usr/local/bin/dockerd -> dockerd-17.06.0-dev
root@nas:~# ll /usr/local/bin/dockerd-17.06.0-dev
-rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 33M Nov 26 08:50 /usr/local/bin/dockerd-17.06.0-dev
root@nas:~#
Any idea ?
pabs

Post by pabs »

Any update on that issue ? after updating to TOS 4.2.07 and updating docker, I still have the same issue.
PapaBeer

Post by PapaBeer »

I've updatet my NAS (F2-210) to 4.2.08 - same Problem. Docker Service won't start, many Problems:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/etc/libsystem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
Starting Docker: docker

docker pull nextcloud
ERROR: ld.so: object '/etc/libsystem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
Using default tag: latest
Warning: failed to get default registry endpoint from daemon (Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?). Using system default: https://index.docker.io/v1/
Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
Any solution here?