MegaDisk Sync - Login Issues

Discussion about CloudSync.
radicalatlas

MegaDisk Sync - Login Issues

Post by radicalatlas »

When I try to login to my Mega account I receive an error message that states "operation failed" with no other context.

One thought I have is that this could be related to my 2FA setting on my Mega account. I can't find any app password option in security, so I assume client apps need to be able to authenticate 2FA. Is the MegaDisk Sync app able to login with 2FA?

Any help here is appreciated - not sure what the issue is, maybe not related to 2FA at all. Mega sync is really important to me, hoping I can get this working.
Thank you!
Attachments
MegaDisk Sync "Operation Failed!" error message.
MegaDisk Sync "Operation Failed!" error message.
pr0xidian

Re: MegaDisk Sync - Login Issues

Post by pr0xidian »

Bumping! I don't have 2FA enabled, so I'm guessing that is your issue, but I'd really like to enable 2FA, so adding my voice to the devs that I want them to find a way to let us enable with this feature!
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing the app? i've heard that sometimes works to "kick" the configuration if the app had a bad install (infrequent, but worth trying).

I don't use MegaDisk at all, so apologies ahead of time if you already tried this, but maybe you can temporarily disable 2FA and test to see if it works?

If it works, it could be a limitation with the app on TNAS, and you can report it to the devs.

If it still doesn't work, then you've ruled that out and maybe someone else will have some other ideas?

if nothing else, its something to try to rule some things out.
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
radicalatlas

Post by radicalatlas »

Thanks for the replies!
Since last responding I've uninstalled / reinstalled the app, disabled 2FA, and even changed my DNS. All to no avail. I can't login to Mega with this app. Very disappointing.
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried getting in touch with Terra-Master support directly? I’ve heard they’re pretty good at responding. Wish I could help more. Good luck!
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
AlphaLimaEcho

Post by AlphaLimaEcho »

I'm experiencing the same issue - the MegaDisk Sync app worked perfectly until whereabouts the end of October, then stopped syncing. When I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it would just not login to the MEGA account anymore.

I've since tried everything - update TOS on the TNAS, changed the MEGA password, changed the MEGA email, tried activating and then deactivating 2FA (just in case, but nothing changed), nothing seems to work.

And here's the kicker - I've tried registering a new, free account on MEGA (my main one is a paid subscription), and IT WORKS. So it points out to the MEGA ACCOUNT having an issue, rather than the Terramaster app.

Have you tried a different account?