CloudSync General Failure

Discussion about CloudSync.
Madvic

Re: CloudSync General Failure

Post by Madvic »

After several attempts to recover my onedrive connecitons (which were lost on the update), I can't get them to work. Configurations fails every time. Even with brand new Microsoft accounts the configuration fails.

This is relly annoying, I've lost my service completely due to your software updates!
Madvic

Post by Madvic »

Hello,
Unfortunately, despite several updates both for Cloudsync and TOS, it seems that Cloudsync isn't working well.
I have now TOS version 5.0.158-00205
CloudSync version 2.3.7

The problem is that after creating Cloudsync tasks on a conneciton to OneDrive, the files in OneDrive aren't updated automatically (I created two tasks as bi-directional sync on two different folders). If I try to check the status of Cloudsync it is "disabled", or it just does not show any activity. Only after re-enabling the applicaiton in the App Center it displays some activity. I also check the logs and they are always empty.

I did nottice that the internal log files (located at /<name of mounted Volume>/@apps/Cloudsync/logs) grow continuously, so that I've got 5 GB of log files !!!

If you could make the "old" OneDrive client available on TOS 5 this could be a solution, the merged CloudSync is just ... broken for OneDrive.

Thanks in advance
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hello, the problem you mentioned has been fixed, and we will update a version in the near future.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Madvic

Post by Madvic »

Thank you,
Which problem has been solved? I mentioned (non exhaustive list):
- OneDrive synchronization not working, or working unpredictabily (instead of xx minutes periodicity)
- Random disabling of Cloudsync, that requires manual enabling
- Empty log files in web client
- Internal log files without any limit, reaching several GBytes size

Regards
Someguy

Post by Someguy »

I only recently got my TNAS, and I've been trying to set it to back-up both a Google Drive Account and a Dropbox account. I'm running the latest version of TOS5 and Cloudsync.

After several connection attempts, I was finally able to create a connection to Google Drive. Most of the time, Cloudsync would show it was configuring, then show that the configuration failed.

Now that I have a connection, and I've assigned the task to download cloud changes only, nothing is happening. No logs are being produced. If I had to guess, I'd guess Cloudsync doesn't connect properly to either of these cloud applications. I have been completely unable to have a connection saved with Dropbox.

If there were previously functioning individual apps for these services, I'd recommend bringing them back, at least while these Cloudsync issues are being worked out. Looking at this thread and this subforum, ever message seems to be "Just wait for the new version!" Yet each update doesn't seem to resolve these issues.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Someguy

You assigned a task to only download cloud changes, did the task run? You can start downloading after running it, maybe you can provide us with screenshots.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Someguy

Every time you update, there are update instructions below the application center.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Someguy

Post by Someguy »

@TMLyy

A screenshot is attached. I've tried both to download cloud changes and bidirectional sync. I've let both run several times for several hours . I have not successfully downloaded anything on Google cloud. This screenshot shows the task ran, but there has been no actual download or synching.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220912-091105_Samsung Internet.jpg
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Someguy

Please disable and enable CloudSync in the app center. If the issue cannot be solved, you can contact our tech team for remote check.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Someguy

Post by Someguy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport
That did not solve the issue. I suppose I'll try the tech team when I have time.