About Google Drive Sync download

Discussion about CloudSync.
pristis

About Google Drive Sync download

Post by pristis »

Hello!

I have Google Drive Sync on my TNAS and I want to download all files from Google Drive. They are around 2 TB.
Sync works, but download is not continuous—it on peaks. For 12 hours I have downloaded 200 GB, so I need more than 5 days to download all of my data. The internet speed is always good and strong.

On the screenshot, you can see download peaks. Any ideas why I have peaks and why download is not continuous?

Thanks for your time!

----
Martin St.
TMAY

Re: About Google Drive Sync download

Post by TMAY »

Hello, this may be caused by network instability. Under normal circumstances, the download speed will also fluctuate.
pristis

Re: About Google Drive Sync download

Post by pristis »

TMAY wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 21:54 Hello, this may be caused by network instability. Under normal circumstances, the download speed will also fluctuate.
Thanks for the answer. I don't think the reason is unstable connection.

I have another solution with better results. On the neighbor PC in the same network, I ran GoodSync that download from Google Drive and upload to NAS. The results are good with average speed of 9.41 MB/s on PC and there is the graph of NAS.

So, the results with Google Drive Sync App was 200 GB downloaded directly on the NAS for 12 hours.
Now near 100 GB for 1:41 mins with GoogdSync on PC and upload to NAS.

----
Martin St.