MegaDisk Sync problem

Discussion about CloudSync.
maurizyo91

MegaDisk Sync problem

Post by maurizyo91 »

Hello guys,
sorry for my bad english.

I have a problem with the megadisk sync app.
when sync is on, even if it is not downloading or uploading anything from lagspyke.
I attach cmd with ping to google.
https://mega.nz/#F!SctTBThJ!VEGeHFphDGUu9AQNTV_d4A

do you have solutions?[
Santiago

Re: MegaDisk Sync problem

Post by Santiago »

I have a problem connecting my MEGA account with MegaSync. Directly fails to login and I can't find the reason. You were able to connect without problem?
AlphaLimaEcho

Post by AlphaLimaEcho »

I've had the same issue since the end of October. My MegaSync worked perfectly until then, when it stopped syncing.

I tried reinstalling and surprise - it's completely unable to log into MEGA for no reason whatsoever. Please keep in mind I have a paid "PRO 1" MEGA account.

Tried TerraMaster support - they don't know where to look. For them, the app works - and they're relatively correct, because on my TNAS, MegaSync works with a different, free-tier MEGA account.

Been in contact with MEGA support for over two weeks now, they are completely, totally, hopelessly clueless. Initially, they could not even understand I was using a TNAS and kept telling me to "clear the browser cookies".

Then they said the app is not official so not supported. Then backtracked saying they could see in my connection logs I was trying to connect from "Linux" (which well, technically the TNAS IS a Linux box).

Next they cleared all my sessions and asked me to retry. No luck.

After that, they said my account was "too big" (I had only 348GB of the 2TB used, but according to them there were "too many files" whose encryption would slow down the login). I had to basically delete 300+ GB of files from my account just to try. No luck.

Now the support "asked the developers" who came out with the frankly ridiculous workaround of installing MegaSync on the PC and have it sync the folders on the TNAS through the PC. Workable, but fundamentally flawed as denies the advantage of having a TNAS - that it will backup to cloud even if your PC is switched off, running updates or otherwise unavailable.

At this point my only advice is to cut your losses, dump MEGA (I made the mistake of paying for an entire year in advance) and move to a better cloud hosting provider.
Santiago

Post by Santiago »

One possible solution is to purchase a raspberry pi, install MEGASync on it, and redirect the storage to TNAS. At the moment the version of MEGASync that is in the application store still does not work
AlphaLimaEcho

Post by AlphaLimaEcho »

Still, needless complication for something that should be working.

Hopefully TerraMaster Support will see this and investigate further, although I have a strong suspicion the issue is with MEGA themselves (probably different accounts on different clusters having different access procedures). But if TM at least looks into their app to try and figure out what might be preventing it from logging in (there's no log that I know of to check on the TNAS), it might help. But for whatever reason they seem to ignore the MEGAsync threads. This is the second one.
Santiago

Post by Santiago »

The truth, the entire terramaster suite is quite mediocre. Google drive does not sync regularly, not even when I pause and resume the connection.
AlphaLimaEcho

Post by AlphaLimaEcho »

Yeah you're right, yet I don't feel like throwing the blame entirely on TerraMaster for this one (except maybe for the fact they keep ignoring this thread) - I've got multiple MEGA accounts, and they all work with MEGASync - the only one which doesn't is the main, paid one.

MEGA support keeps coming up with silly workarounds rather than looking into the issue - which is clearly not just with my account.
Santiago

Post by Santiago »

They fixed it!!!

I don't know what changed, the mega version is the same as months ago, but today I insisted on logging in again and if it took a few seconds, I did. I have achieved the synchronization, and at this moment I am downloading without problem from the MEGA account. I would need to explore bidirectionality (in Google Drive it never worked for me)