Backblaze B2 - Cannot select my NAS folder

Discussion about CloudSync.
ntrnflxlbs

Backblaze B2 - Cannot select my NAS folder

Post by ntrnflxlbs »

Hello,
I have a new TNAS box. Installed the backblaze app and copied all of my data under an additional user I added to the NAS. the SMB shares work fine and I can see the data in TNAS but when I go to configure the backblaze b2 app, I only see the folders "public" and "appdata" under the local folder options.. I see none of the terrabytes of data I've copied to the device nor the folders as a selectable option. I can select my cloud based bucket just fine.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Backblaze B2 - Cannot select my NAS folder

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Is the data you backed up in the shared folder or a subfolder under the shared folder? Please make sure that the current user has read and write permissions for this folder. In addition, please inform your device model and TOS version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ntrnflxlbs

Re: Backblaze B2 - Cannot select my NAS folder

Post by ntrnflxlbs »

It's a F4-210 running TOS ver 4.2.15
the data I want to see and select as a local folder lives in Volume#1/user/ntrnflxlbs/home and I want to backup everything in this folder to the backblaze b2 bucket with the built in app.
i've gone to the built in file manager and pretty much granted everyone read access when it wasn't working in the first place.
I only see "public" and "appdata" I don't even see the volume listed.
there are only two user accounts on the nasbox and it's guest and my single named admin acount.
I think I figured out how to fix it. I had moved all the data under my named user account's home folder.
I apparently needed to create a seperate shared folder from the control panel and then put the data in there as the backblaze b2 cloud sync app does not have permission to use anything under /user/usernamehere/home.
now to try and move 2TB of data into that folder..