Onedrive sync first experience

Discussion about CloudSync.
tekkyguy

Onedrive sync first experience

Post by tekkyguy »

Hi,

I recently installed successfully my new F2-221 NAS. So far, I am very pleased with the device. This is may first Terra-Master experience.

The OneDrive cloud sync was a major feature for why I choosed this product. Having access locally my data while it is also mirrored to my cloud account is important for me.

So far, my first experience is not what I was expecting. Even when properly configured, it is confusing on how I can have a status on the running process and on which files the process is working on. To be honest, I was expecting an app with an informational dashboard. Unless I log in with SSH, I can see the process is loaded and running, I can also monitor into remote cloud location to check if there is some files being transferred.... but again I was expecting an app with more relevant information on a dashboard with «What's going on at this moment».... files being transferred, the network traffic workload in and out for this specific app, etc.

Anyway, I will still continue to explore this great device. Local storage management is so far beyond my expectation. :D I really like it.

I would like to ask to Terra-Master team how can I be a beta tester. I am expecting to buy another F2-221 unit to be my beta lab to experiment without the risk of breaking everything. :P

Regards,

Jeff
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Onedrive sync first experience

Post by TMSupport »

Please wait for TOS 5.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
tekkyguy

Post by tekkyguy »

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I know this is an odd question.... but do you know an approximate ETA when version 5 will be released?

I hope the OneDrive app will be enhanced in futur version. So far, it is unfortunately not enough reliable for a large amount of data. If a user is working on a small folder will not much data.... it is OK and easy for the user to make sure that everything is alright.

Here, after 50 hours of sync process... 700 GB.. at the end... too many errors occurred, and no report to understand what went wrong.... sad, sad.. Unless there is a dashboard with stats with data conformity, the app cannot tells you where it failed. :x Again, for small amount that are easy to manage.... it is ok.... but not for a large amount of data.

Also, Microsoft OneDrive Services only allows only 6 download instances at a time without throttling. The app should be blocked to limit the download process at no more than 6 instances at a time... at the moment that is generating too many errors and retries.... and even throttling from Microsoft.

As I said, I really hope this app will be enhanced in a near futur. Really promising, but not for large amount of data.

Regards.

Jeff
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

August, maybe.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
tekkyguy

Post by tekkyguy »

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Jeff