Google Drive Sync not recognising created connections

Discussion about CloudSync.
aigarius

Google Drive Sync not recognising created connections

Post by aigarius »

My Google Drive Sync is stuck in a weird state - each time I start it, it asks me to set up a new connection. I have two sync connections already configured and they were working before. Even if I go ahead and try to create a new connection, the pop-up completes and closes successfully, but the UI in the NAS is still stuck on asking me to create a new connection. If I try to close it and re-open it still asks to create a new connection, clicking Next produces fun error message that connection with this name already exists. Rebooting NAS, updating Google Drive Sync did not help. Any logs, filesystem content or settings I could take a look at?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Google Drive Sync not recognising created connections

Post by TMS »

Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.viewtopic.php?f=75&t=608
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
toddpnewton

Post by toddpnewton »

Exact same problem here.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Depending on your situation, you may not have opened the "pop-up window" of your browser and often clear cookies.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
toddpnewton

Post by toddpnewton »

I found out a fix to my particular problem. YMMV.

After a couple uninstall and reinstall of Google Drive Sync I was able to get back to a prompt for a new connection name. i tried to put in my old connection name and it wouldn't take it - "connection already exists".

remove this file...

/mnt/md0/application/googledrive/etc/rclone.conf

restart Google Drive sync and voila! you can create the connection name again.

Seems to me like something got screwed up in the update and that file got orphaned, maybe some others? Given the problems I've had with the crappy software in this NAS nothing surprises me anymore. It's first and last Terramaster product I'll ever buy. For all the fighting I've done with it I could've made my own NAS by now. >:(