how does backblaze work ?

Discussion about CloudSync.
deejc

how does backblaze work ?

Post by deejc »

im using backblaze to back up my data, i have a config folder in appdata that is 404MB on disk, the config is stored in a DB that changes many tmes per day and in backblaze The config stored is 183GB :!: :!:
i have set every job to be like this
Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 16.27.42.png
i assumed that synchronisation time at 1440 minutes (which is one day) would mean that the files are only uploaded once a day but this is not the case, how can i stop the files being uploaded hundreds of times a day
F2-220 WITH 2 x WD RED 2TB RUNNING 4.2.17
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: how does backblaze work ?

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the reporting, we will test and verify this issue first, and get back to you with the result later.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}deejc
Hi,
We did not find the problem. Is your 183GB of data backed up before? Because you said before that you have more than 80,000 upload logs.
Do you see hundreds of identical files in each file?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
deejc

Post by deejc »

It was backed up in another folder but I started this backup in a new folder an deleted the old backup so only 1 copy of the data should exist
The

Yes there are hundreds of files for the. Same file
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise whether it’s ok to let our engineer has a remote session to check it. Please contact support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
deejc

Post by deejc »

Sorry I missed your reply, what do they need to do in remote session ?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

With your permission, we will do some checks to see if the problem can be found.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
deejc

Post by deejc »

i reenabled backblaze yesterday to make sure my data is up to date, today my NAS locked up and wouldnt accept connections to the GUI, i SSH'ed in and saw backblaze is taking up lots of CPU
the only way to get the nas responding was to try a reboot, but that hung and so i had to force it off and on

after it came back up i stopped backblaze and i checked my backblaze account and found that today alone has cost me over $5 in Class C Transactions, i found a message on backblaze about synology nas causing problems it seems the terranas is calling the Class C transaction--B2 list_filenames too often

https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/art ... -Synology-
deejc

Post by deejc »

My bill for backblaze this month is $10 usually it’s $2 you need to fix this in the backblaze app as it’s unusable in its current form
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

deejc wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 02:33 i reenabled backblaze yesterday to make sure my data is up to date, today my NAS locked up and wouldnt accept connections to the GUI, i SSH'ed in and saw backblaze is taking up lots of CPU
the only way to get the nas responding was to try a reboot, but that hung and so i had to force it off and on
Hi! It may be that a certain file is stuck during synchronization. Can you try to synchronize with another folder?
The previous bill has always been two dollars, only this month is ten dollars?