OneDrive and Google Drive Update Deleted Configuration

Discussion about CloudSync.
JayBlingham

OneDrive and Google Drive Update Deleted Configuration

Post by JayBlingham »

Hi TM Team,

I just wanted to report that again when OneDrive and GoogleDrive Sync was updated to the new version it deleted my existing config. I had the same thing happen for USB Copy, and mentioned in that post that maintaining the configuration of an app when updating is a very important, and a very expected part of the process for a user. I truly believe these very basic things should be taken care of before new features and enhancements are considered.

As always, I was able to re-create the configuration easily (although it took a few tries where it would authenticate to my OneDrive/GoogleDrive but not proceed through the wizard, but this cleared up after a few tries), but I'm a single home user. I couldn't imagine being a small business, or even an Enterprise user, and being able to tolerate this happening each time.

You know that I'm very supportive of your products and brand, which is why I offer this constructive feedback.
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: OneDrive and Google Drive Update Deleted Configuration

Post by TMS »

JayBlingham wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 10:36 I just wanted to report that again when OneDrive and GoogleDrive Sync was updated to the new version it deleted my existing config.
Hi,
We have fixed this problem, but it takes effect in the latest version.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Ok, thank you. I'll keep that in mind for the next update.
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Is there an update on this? And as to what version this will be fixed? This just happened to me and my syncing is no longer working even after disconnecting and reconnecting.

I am on v 4.1.30-2008051459

Pax,
Richard
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Narnian
Hello,
Can you describe the problem you encountered in detail? After testing, OneDrive and GoogleDrive Sync in TOS_4.1.30 can be used normally.
Which sync application can't you use normally? Which version of the application is it?
Most apps will not delete the app configuration in the next update.
For example: OneDrive update from 2.0.9 to later versions will no longer delete the application configuration.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
con61

Post by con61 »

I have an F42-10 with TOS 4.2.08-2101111540.
One Drive was syncing, and then some days later I noticed that it wasn't. I tried deleting the connection and recreating it and also removing the One Drive application and reinstalling it.
When I create a new connection, it asks me to sign in to Microsoft, but instead of coming up with a log in page it asks me this question
"Cloud sync requires the following permission - !Redirect your personal information back to http://192.168.1.26:8181, please make sure http://192.168.1.26:8181 is your TNAS Domain. Agree/Cancel"
I agree.
I get message "operation failed"

If |I use a new connection name I can start to define folders
For local directory I choose the current One drive folder, For cloud directory I choose Root (I think that is wrong, but I cannot connect that setting to the cloud).
The I leave the setting Bi_Directional.
I set Sync time to 2 and finish configuration.
I verified that changes are successfully syncing from my PC to the cloud
Changes made on the Terra Master do not sync to One Drive and Vice Versa.
I left it overnight, to be sure - no sync.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Is the former sync task finished before adding new files to the directory?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
con61

Post by con61 »

I am not sure that I understand. Right now nothing will sync with One drive on the Terramaster. Other one drive will sync fine. The version of files in the computer One Drive Folder and files in the One Drive Cloud are in sync
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please try to delete this sync task and re-create a new one to see whether it could be synced. If not, please contact support(at)terra-master.com to have a remote session to check it.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)