Dropbox App not usable

Discussion about CloudSync.
JasonG245

Dropbox App not usable

Post by JasonG245 »

I installed the "Dropbox Sync" app to the Desktop - TOS. However, when I start the application it prompts for "Connection name", which I enter, and then click "next". However nothing happenings. No amount of clicking "Next" will progress the application and therefore I am unable to use the Dropbox Sync application.

Is there any suggestion on how I might progress this?

Thanks very much,
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Dropbox App not usable

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
After uninstalling the app, please try to reinstall it, and then try with a different connection name.It should pop up a new page.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
JasonG245

Post by JasonG245 »

I have uninstalled the dropbox app. Icon disappeared from desktop.

I re-installed the dropbox app. Icon appears on desktop.

When loading the app I again am prompted in a dialog box title "Create connection" to provide "Connection Name". I provided a different name this time however clicked "Next" still not not move the app forward. I am still unable to use the dropbox sync app.

Do you have any further suggestions?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Can you see a pop-up window after clicking Next? If there is a blank pop-up window, please check the network settings. If not, you can try other browsers or check the browser settings. By the way, what is your TNAS model and TOS version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
JasonG245

Post by JasonG245 »

Even after clicking Next, The "Create Connection" window remains in focus and is modal so I cannot use any of the sidebar features such as clicking "network settings". I can click Next as many times as I like but the window remains unchanged.

TNAS model F5-221

TOS version 4.1.30-2008051459.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Can you log in to the Dropbox account directly using a browser on your network? You can try other accounts to log in.
Do you need to turn on a proxy server when logging into mega in your browser? If necessary, you need to enable the proxy server in the network settings in the control panel.
JasonG245

Post by JasonG245 »

I have no problem running dropbox application on my computer, indeed my computer already automatically syncs to dropbox without issue.

The dropbox app on terra master never even allows me an option to specify the server name or my login credentials so not sure where I would specify proxy information. As I've indicated there is a single modal dialog box which prompts for "Connection Name", however the dialog box remains in-focus and cannot be dismissed. No matter how many times I click "Next" the dialog box remains.

It appears as though the dropbox app for terra master is broken.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Thx.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
After testing, our computer can be used normally, you can use different methods to troubleshoot this problem:
1. Use other latest browsers;
2. Use other accounts to try;
JasonG245

Post by JasonG245 »

Using chrome works. Safari was not working. However, I note that the point it got stuck was trying to popup another browser window to login to dropbox. So I suspect the browser was not allowing the window popup, it was failing to popup a window but not reporting an error.

I am able to use the app now.

Thanks.