Google Drive Sync - Can't Create New Connection

Discussion about CloudSync.
DJ_Smelly

Google Drive Sync - Can't Create New Connection

Post by DJ_Smelly »

The OneDrive Sync App works fine on my F4-210 (4.1.32, 2x4TB, RAID1) but this is what happens when I try to create a new Google Drive connection:

* From Google Chrome in Windows 10, open TOS Desktop
* Launch Google Drive Sync, enter Connection name and click "Next"
* A Google sign in window pops up. Enter correct Google account name and password.
* Click "Allow" to grant Terramaster permission to see, edit, etc. Google Drive files.
* In the Confirm your choices window the box is ticked next to see, edit, etc. Google Drive files. Click "Allow" again.
* In the next window click "Agree" for Cloud Sync to have permission.
* This takes me back to the TOS Desktop with the Create connection box with the Connection name I typed previously. It does not progress to which tasks I want to create. No sync has occurred. Clicking "Next" starts the Google sign in process again which goes in a loop and takes me back to the same Create connection box.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Google Drive Sync app but I still have the same issue.

Could you please investigate. Thanks.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Google Drive Sync - Can't Create New Connection

Post by TMS »

The Google Drive we used did not find such a situation ,is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
DJ_Smelly

Post by DJ_Smelly »

I installed the recent update to the Google Drive Sync app and this is what happened:

1. From Google Chrome in Windows 10, open TOS Desktop
2. Launch Google Drive Sync, enter Connection name and click "Next"
3. A Google sign in window pops up. Enter correct Google account name and password.
4. Click "Allow" to grant Terramaster permission to see, edit, etc. Google Drive files.
5. In the Confirm your choices window the box is ticked next to see, edit, etc. Google Drive files. Click "Allow" again.
6. In the next window click "Agree" for Cloud Sync to have permission.
7. This takes me back to the TOS Desktop with the Create connection box with the Connection name I typed previously. No connection has been made.
8. From the same Create connection box, click "Next"
9. Instead of going back to the Google sign in page that happened before the update, it opened a window to agree for Cloud Sync to have permission again (same as Step 6 above). Click "Agree"
10. This takes me back to the TOS Desktop and it allows me to proceed with creating tasks.

The sync now works but I don't know what is wrong that requires multiple connection attempts to make it work.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,

We have tried to connect several times, and we can directly connect successfully. It may be a network or browser cache problem.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Texas-TNAS

Post by Texas-TNAS »

I had the same issue.......the entire time was trying from Safari on my Macmini.....once I switched to Chrome....it worked.....so the issue was the browser
emil79it

Post by emil79it »

I've the same problem. I've update Google Drive and Dopbox and now I cannot create a new connection.
The NAS is connected to internet, i can access to the folder with my phone by 4g connection.
I tried with Chrome and Edge.

In all cases the issue is always the same: "operation failed!"

What is happened?

Thanks

Emiliano
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Can you tell me your TNAS device model and TOS system version?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
emil79it

Post by emil79it »

Hi,
F2-210
TOS 4.1.32

I see this preocess (043w6rnwjdamdt2) running at 75% of memory capacity or more...
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}emil79it
Hello, Is it convenient for our engineer to check it for you? Contact method: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=608
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
emil79it

Post by emil79it »

Yes. I saw the instruction.
Can we organize it?