OneDrive App - How it works

Discussion about CloudSync.
freeman

OneDrive App - How it works

Post by freeman »

Hi all,

I just installed the onedrive app on my F4-422 in order to sync some local folders to the onedrive cloud.
I chose the bidirectional setting on the connection, so my expectation is that if I add/delete something on my local folder the onedrive will be updated and viceversa.

Two question:

- is the update "on the fly" or I've to wait 5 - 10 minutes to start the syncro?
- It seems that if I add/delete someting on the cloud side, the change do no reflect the local folder. Yes for the opposite way, so it's mono-directional not bidirectional.

Can someone help me?
thanks
Freeman
JayBlingham

Re: OneDrive App - How it works

Post by JayBlingham »

I don't know how quickly the changes propagate, but I can tell you that I've chosen to only sync in one direction due to strange issues I've had syncing bi-directionally. I sync from Cloud to NAS as a backup of my OneDrive. When I was syncing bi-directionally, I would delete things on my Windows 10 system (which is backed up by OneDrive) and they would not only come back but sometimes duplicate. I've never had this problem creating the same type of sync relationship on my Linux system manually, but have not had much time to tinker with my NAS' config. I'm happy enough if I can have a one-way sync personally.

I know that doesn't answer your questions, but hopefully it helps.
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: OneDrive App - How it works

Post by TMzethar »

The logic for dual backups needs to be improved, and unidirectional synchronization is recommended for the time being.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)