Nextcloud over the internet?

Discussion about CloudSync.
Enzo

Nextcloud over the internet?

Post by Enzo »

Hi all, I have installed nextcloud on my Nas.(F5-221)

It all seems to work well over the local LAN but I can't access it via any other internet connection.

I do get a message about "Access through entrusted domain' and to edit "trusted_domains" settings in "config/config.php" but I can't find this file anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Nextcloud over the internet?

Post by TMS »

SSH to access TNAS, the path is /mnt/md0/application/nextcloud/etc/.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

Enzo wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 15:18 Hi all, I have installed nextcloud on my Nas.(F5-221)

It all seems to work well over the local LAN ...
Can I ask if your Nextcloud installation is through the app offered within TOS and if so, does it display security warnings ?

Thanks
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

TMS wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 21:25 SSH to access TNAS, the path is /mnt/md0/application/nextcloud/etc/.
@ Support Team, the above path is invalid. Please confirm the correct location.
F2-221
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Hi thanks for your reply but I spoke to soon.

Whenever I now try to run Nextcloud it opens up a blank white window within Tos and dosent do anything, sometimes it says the system has updated and asks you to install nextcloud again.

I have tried uninstalling and installing on different drives but with no luck.

Is it possible to download the application and manually installing it as it takes ages to download each time.

Any help appreciated

Thank you
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

yerc1 wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 03:19
Enzo wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 15:18 Hi all, I have installed nextcloud on my Nas.(F5-221)

It all seems to work well over the local LAN ...
Can I ask if your Nextcloud installation is through the app offered within TOS and if so, does it display security warnings ?

Thanks
Hi yes it's the application included in TOS,

I do remember the security warnings but I did get it
Working over Lan without any problems.

I also remember using the app on my phone which gave the end of life message and often crashed.

Thsnks
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

Thanks for confirming.

Although both the Nextcloud TOS app and the mobile app seem to be working for me, those security warnings just don't inspire any confidence in me to use the Nextcloud TNAS installation. If the problem gets fixed in the update mentioned here then I might use it.
F2-221
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

So just had to remount a shared folder which disappeared, got the folder back but now Nextcloud isn't working at all again lol this is a joke
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

After an hour's investigation by the engineers, we found that the domain name whitelist was inaccessible. We tried the forwarding port and the solution provided by nextCloud but failed. Maybe the whitelist setting rules were incorrect, so please ask the nextCloud official for a solution.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Like I said thanks for trying and again I don't have the time to be investigating these problems.

You sent a message saying you think you had a solution when I asked if the technician could remotely connect again you told me to firstly investigate the problem with Nextcloud.

I then got a message from Viona telling me to
Ignore the previous message;

'"Wait a moment, I will give you the command to be executed by the NAS."

I am still waiting?

Also this doesn't explain why one of the shared folders keeps disappearing and when I remount it it corrupts the installed application.

This is a new Nas apart from these couple of issues I'm happy with it.