retreive backblaze b2 files with encryption

Discussion about CloudSync.
GadgetUser

retreive backblaze b2 files with encryption

Post by GadgetUser »

Apologies if this is a noob question but here's my scenario - i have my NAS (TerraMaster F210) backing up to B2 bucket. I am trying to use "Server-Side Encryption with Backblaze-Managed Keys (SSE-B2)", but here's my ask -

My NAS really doesn't have any UI/mode (or i can't read) to talk about getting files BACK from backblaze. Let's just say my NAS dies. I have these files on B2, but guess what, there is no client for me to get those files back. let's just say i needed a couple of really important files. I can browse files on the browser, but encrypted files cannot be downloaded.

How/what can i use to achieve this (retrieve encrypted files from B2)?

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: retreive backblaze b2 files with encryption

Post by TMSupport »

Hi,
It is recommended to download the BackBlaze B2 Sync program, which can synchronize the NAS and BackBlaze B2.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
GadgetUser

Re: retreive backblaze b2 files with encryption

Post by GadgetUser »

Thank you.
As an extension of the question, if my local NAS goes out of commission, and all my data is on B2, what would (if there is one) be the way to get it back onto the NAS? Is there a way to 'restore' from the cloud directly back to the NAS? if not B2, some other provider?