Snapshots Sometimes Visible Then Disappear

Discussion about Snapshot.
titanrx8

Snapshots Sometimes Visible Then Disappear

Post by titanrx8 »

I have had Snapshots running on a daily frequency for certain folders. I see a Snapshot folder within the appropriate folders when using the file manager through the admin webpage and also see the Snapshot folder when mapping the folders from Windows File Explorer. When opening the Snapshot folder from either the file manager or the File Explorer, the folders appear empty. Occasionally, when opening the Snapshot folders they will show the hundreds of Snapshots which have been taken (and the files within the Snapshot can be accessed when they are visible).

The same is true if I open the Snapshot app. The folder details will show the number of Snapshots that have been taken but the Restore tab won't show any Snapshots.

What are the settings in file manager, File Explorer and Snapshot to reliably access the Snapshots? The Snapshot Visible Box is checked for each of the folders using Snapshot but that just makes the Snapshot Folder heading visible, not the contents.

I have a F2-221 currently on 4.2.07 but the same behavior has been true for earlier versions.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Snapshots Sometimes Visible Then Disappear

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
You can use SSH login on the terminal tool to view the snapshot:
zxc.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Thanks for your feedback, we are verifying this issue.
Before this problem is solved, when you cannot use TOS file management or Windows File Explorer to view the contents of the snapshot in the folder, you can temporarily go to the snapshot application, select the folder that cannot be viewed, click "Settings", and uncheck " Allow snapshot visible", click "confirm"; then reselect the folder, click "Settings", check "Allow snapshot visible", and click "confirm".
Snapshot.png
After clicking "Restore", if there are records in the list, you need to select a snapshot record in the snapshot list, and then the grayed-out function can be used normally.
sdf.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Thanks.

That worked for Windows File Manager mapped to the TNAS shares. It sort of worked for the Snapshot/File Manager through the Web Console. I can see the shares which have snapshots, but if I try to see what's in the Snapshot folder in the TNAS File Manager, the system is essentially frozen with the CPU pegged at 100%. This has happened even on a test folder which has only 3 restore points.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Can you describe the problem you encountered in detail and provide a few screenshots?
If you can't see the content of the snapshot in the TNAS file management, you can try the operations mentioned above and log in again.
What does the system is essentially mean? Are you using other applications or transferring files, so the CPU displays 100%
You can add a large pixel picture in the add file.