Auto Unmount not working

Discussion about USB Copy.
VormacRin

Auto Unmount not working

Post by VormacRin »

Hi,

I have set up a USB backup and the main feature doesn't seem to work. I have the my settings identical to the guide where eject USB on completion and Auto mount before backup.

I have a scheduled backup created, force ran it once to get the backup made. I am using a mirror backup mode. Once the back up is completed the USB drive is still there mounted. I liked the idea that the drive would be unmount between backups, but doesn't seem to be working!

Any thoughts?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Auto Unmount not working

Post by TMzethar »

We will verify your feedback. May I ask what model of USB device you are using? What is the storage structure above?
Please update your USB Copy and TOS versions as much as possible to the latest level, as this may have an impact.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We have observed similar situations and are currently investigating. Please wait for future version updates.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
VormacRin

Post by VormacRin »

TMzethar wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 20:02 We will verify your feedback. May I ask what model of USB device you are using? What is the storage structure above?
Please update your USB Copy and TOS versions as much as possible to the latest level, as this may have an impact.
USB Enclosure Make is a Xenta 2.5" external enclosure
Model No: EN-2526
Uses a JMicron chipset
HDD is 1TB SSD ADATA

TOS and USB Copy are on latest versions as far as I know. I got the NAS F4-423 last week and installed USB Copy 2 days ago.
TMzethar wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 20:23 We have observed similar situations and are currently investigating. Please wait for future version updates.
Glad it is not just me. I'll await updates but please update this thread as well for others to be made aware.

Many thanks.
VormacRin

Post by VormacRin »

I
TMzethar wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 20:23 We have observed similar situations and are currently investigating. Please wait for future version updates.
Any update on this issue please?
VormacRin

Post by VormacRin »

Bit poor I have not received any updates from the team. However, after the latest update I can confirm the app is working properly now and does auto unmount on completion.

However, I must note that if the TNAS needs to be rebooted the app does not remember the drives previous state, and mounts the USB drive. On running the app manually it then unmounts the drive again.
lincsat

Post by lincsat »

I have a related problem. The USB device unmounts normally after a backup but fails to remount when a new backup is started either manually or on the timer, the log shows error, the USB storage device is not mounted. Any suggestions how to fix? Automatically mount is checked in settings.

F4-422 with latest firmware updated and USB app installed just last week.