"Warning TNAS is at risk!" message

Discussion about USB Copy.
giqbufilu

Re: "Warning TNAS is at risk!" message

Post by giqbufilu »

Hi,

the Warning has not disappeared. Even after a refresh. I am looking forward for your remote assistance next week.

Giq
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please write an email to support(a)terra-master.com, tell your story and ask for a remote session. Thank you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
giqbufilu

Post by giqbufilu »

Hi TerraMaster Support team,

you really did a good job on our online-session. Thank you for solving the issue!

For documentation:
It must have happened during a USB Copy backup job that the USB drive became disconnected. In that case USB Copy is backupping the rest of the not-copied-so-far and partially-copied files to sub folders of /root with the name of the corresponding backup job,
e.g. if the backup job EMailBackupJob gets interrupted by a sudden detachment of the external USB drive then all files that haven't copied yet to the USB drive target are redirected/copied to /root/EMailBackupJob/ instead.
Maybe those in the cache or which were actually copying during detachment event, which have been (partially) copied to the external USB drive are going to raise the above mentioned warning, i.e.
1. file A.mp3 was partially copied to USB drive
2. while the connection to the USB drive was lost
3. TNAS copies all residual files to /root/EMailBackupJob/
4. A warning comes up
5. When reconnecting to USB drive TNAS checks which files from /root/EMailBackupJob/ are also on USB drive
6. Those files (A.mp3) are listed in the Warning dialog under "More"

Thus one needs to delete those USB backup Job folders under /root or move them to another directory and then the warning has gone.
Since there are no files under /root any more comparison between /root and USB drive will no longer find any files any more, so warning will not reappear when copying the same files again to USB drive.

I hope I have described the cause and solution of the issue correctly ;-)

So thank you so very much for your great support, TerraMaster support team. I really appreciate your support and I am happy having bought that NAS!

Thanks,

Giq
RonnyK

Post by RonnyK »

Same here, for some reason the warning message appeared and I can't get rid of it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 19.28.19.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

I can ask our engineer to remotely check in to help you with this .
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

RonnyK wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 02:30 Same here, for some reason the warning message appeared and I can't get rid of it.
Same here.

Alle the files that had the warning where from a "usb copy" on an external drive. Deleted all the files (was a back-up). But warning won't disappear. Is there a solution for this problem?
did a refresh of the page and a restart of the NAS.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to ask for a technical support, our engineer will help you with it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)