USB drive full error?

Discussion about USB Copy.
joek1973

USB drive full error?

Post by joek1973 »

Hi,

I have two tasks running on USB Copy, both mirroring folders onto the destination drive. One of them is about 1GB in size and the other is 170GB. This data is being backed up onto a 256GB drive. However, I get the status 'partially completed' and when I check the drive capacity it's showing as full? This can't be correct - there is no other data on the destination drive other than the USB copy tasks so what is happening?

USB Copy:
USB Copy.jpg
USB Copy.jpg (14.73 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
USB Storage:
USB Storage.jpg
Thanks

Joe
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: USB drive full error?

Post by TMroy »

You can plug the USB to your computer to verify if it is full or not.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
joek1973

Post by joek1973 »

TMroy wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 22:46 You can plug the USB to your computer to verify if it is full or not.
Yeah, I've done that and I can verify it's full (0% free space) but there is only ~111GB data stored on it.

I started with an empty drive, I plugged it into the NAS and ran two tasks as in the original post, and I got the 'partially completed' status report. The NAS has filled the drive but not with all my photos!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Have you set up a multi-version backup, and backed up more than once?
You can view the capacity of the folder in the properties of the file manager.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
joek1973

Post by joek1973 »

TMSupport wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 16:25 Have you set up a multi-version backup, and backed up more than once?
You can view the capacity of the folder in the properties of the file manager.
No it's a mirror backup. The combined data in both folders is about 171GB, which should easily fit on the 256GB drive.
Tiggr

Post by Tiggr »

I can confirm a similar issue. VIA File Manager, I've 1.81 TB out of the 3.64 TB HDD plugged in via USB.
USBShare2 File Manager.JPG
USBShare2 File Manager.JPG (20.15 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
However in Control Panel, it shows only 50.88MB/3.64 TB is free.
USBShare2 Control Panel.JPG
USBShare2 Control Panel.JPG (22.73 KiB) Viewed 2676 times

This happened before with the TOS 5.0 Backup app, so I tried with USB Copy, unfortunately the same issue arises.
Both folders set to MIRROR.