USB copy not allowing me to set destination usb/tnas/destinationfolder

Discussion about USB Copy.
araltd

USB copy not allowing me to set destination usb/tnas/destinationfolder

Post by araltd »

I am new to usb copy and find it is not intuitive or I am wrong? not sure which.

I connected an external usb drive (8tb) to make nas>usb backups. I create the task, but usb copy will not allow me to set the destination as a folder on the usb, only the root of the usb drive?

When I select the root of the usb I can successfully click confirm and proceed, when trying to set the destination as a certain folder on the usb drive, I can not click the confirm button in usb copy! I have tried different browsers, restarting the nas, restarting the pc, etc...same results.

When I select the root of the usb, and tell usb copy to run the backup, it puts the files of the selected nas folder on the root of the usb, why?!? this is wrong.

If I have a folder called pictures on my nas, select that folder to backup in usb copy as source, select the usb root as destination (the only way I can proceed btw) it starts to copy the contents of pictures (ie: all the pictures within that folder) to the root of the usb drive!? I would assume it would copy the nas folder and call it Pictures on the usb also, not only its contents....but ok... so then I make a folder called Pictures in the root of the usb drive, so I have a nas folder called pictures (filled with pics) and a usb drive folder called pictures (empty) but I can NOT click the confirm/continue button in usb copy until I choose the root of the usb drive.

This will eliminate any file order from nas to usb. whats the point in that? am I missing something?

I am using tos 4.2.30 and usb copy v1.6.0 on a f5-221
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: USB copy not allowing me to set destination usb/tnas/destinationfolder

Post by TMnorah »

Hello, we have received your feedback, we will verify this issue, you can temporarily use the SMB file service to copy files to the USB.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
araltd

Re: USB copy not allowing me to set destination usb/tnas/destinationfolder

Post by araltd »

TMnorah wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 15:36 Hello, we have received your feedback, we will verify this issue, you can temporarily use the SMB file service to copy files to the USB.
Can you explain how to do this please?