USB Copy Stopping on Timeout/ Auto Logout?

Discussion about USB Copy.
MissionAborted

USB Copy Stopping on Timeout/ Auto Logout?

Post by MissionAborted »

I am regularly using USB Copy to backup my NAS to another 4-Bay HD enclosure. I only have a few folders on my NAS and each one gets backed up to a different HD in the enclosure - Music to usbshare1; Movies to usbshare2; TV Shows to usbshare3; and Photoshop, Documents etc. to usbshare4.

I have no problems beginning the back up process, and all backup tasks are set up the same way as follows:

Backup Method: From TNAS to USB/ Incremental
Source: As Above
Destination: As Above
When File Conflict: Overwrite
Backup Time: As soon as USB Device is plugged in

I have noticed, however, that the backup seems to stop when TOS automatically times out/ auto logs out. I go from getting a "Backup Running" message to "Completed," sometimes within a couple of minutes, as per the USB Copy Log. Since I have a particularly large music library, I feel it should take longer than it is to complete a backup, but all my data "appears" to be there...

Just wondering if this is anything to worry about, if people have been having issues in this regard, or if there is any way (outside of checking each and every file) to verify my data was backed up successfully and completely?

Thanks! :)
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: USB Copy Stopping on Timeout/ Auto Logout?

Post by TMnorah »

Hello!
you can right-click the usbshare folder and the backup source folder in the web file manager to view the size of the folder and the number of files.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)