USB copies are incomplete

Discussion about USB Copy.
titanrx8

USB copies are incomplete

Post by titanrx8 »

I have 2 x f2-221. The production unit does an rsync copy of its shares to the second unit. Both are ext4. The primary and second unit run rsync daily and the shares have matched completely after completing the sync.

The the second unit is 4.2.14 and uses USB copy to make a backup of the it's shares to an external 1tb ext4 drive which was freshly formatted. Created a destination share folder on the external drive and created a USB copy routine to make a mirror of the shares to the USB drive.

After running the USB copy, the external drive shows the full tree structure of the shares folder but only the first folder under the tree has any files but it is incomplete. All the rest of folders are empty.

So I tried again but only created a routine to mirror one of the shares subfolders. Upon completion, the destination folder only has a few hundred files, not the thousands in the source.

1. How can I get USB copy to make a full copy of my shares?

2. How to maintain the copy so it stays synchronized with the additions and deletions in the source?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: USB copies are incomplete

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
1.When the backup state is running, the data will be displayed incomplete, please make sure that your backup state is in the completed state.
1.png
2.You can create a backup task to stay synchronized.
2.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

1.The backup task was completed. The reason I looked at the file manager was because I expected a full mirror of 150gb to take longer than 2 minutes. There was a total of 420mb in the "mirror" share.

2. I created a mirror task which I ran immediately and it didn't copy anything except the tree structure and some files in the first folder of the tree.

Please answer the above questions.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
After verification, we did not find this phenomenon. It is recommended that you delete the backup plan and try it again. If it is still the case, please email to support(at)terra-master.com to get more help.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

I'll contact support.

I have deleted the backup plan/task and all the destination share several times and created new tasks trying different source folders and the result is always an incomplete folder on the destination.