How to backup Plex folder with USB Copy

The brand-new USB Copy not only provides common backup features, in order to realize offline backup and defend against threats from external networks, TerraMaster engineers have also additionally developed the USB auto-hide feature.
Dennis_H

How to backup Plex folder with USB Copy

Post by Dennis_H »

USB Copy is running tasks backing up my video and Music folders just fine, but want to also back up Plex folders, especially all the metadata I've added. I don't see the folder with USB Copy, but can see it in Volume #1/user/Plex. I've tried changing permissions, but no luck seeing it to backup. What to try next?
rightLANE

Re: How to backup Plex folder with USB Copy

Post by rightLANE »

Dennis_H wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 03:25 USB Copy is running tasks backing up my video and Music folders just fine, but want to also back up Plex folders, especially all the metadata I've added. I don't see the folder with USB Copy, but can see it in Volume #1/user/Plex. I've tried changing permissions, but no luck seeing it to backup. What to try next?
I was having the same problem. I ended up changing the plex backup directory (in the plex app, settings -> scheduled tasks) to a location which was more easily accessible (/mnt/md0/public/Plex/Database) so I could backup the plex database backups off-server. Hope that helps
F2-221 2x 10TB Exos X14
Dennis_H

Re: How to backup Plex folder with USB Copy

Post by Dennis_H »

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Return to “USB Copy”