Help to understand how to copy files to nas disks.

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
mpalombi

Help to understand how to copy files to nas disks.

Post by mpalombi »

I have a Nas Terramaster F5-221. I'm a novice in the field of NAS and networks in general, even if I know enough about PCs.
I've put 3 hd in it for now, all created as single disks, no-raid.
The first is a 128 Gb SSD in which I have inserted the TOS 5.1.24 system and where, I think and hope, the various apps I need are installed.
The second is a 4 Tb Seagate Barracuda HD in which I intend to install my personal cloud. This hd should contain all the files that I will need shared on the network, the synchronization of photos from mobile phones, etc.
The third HD is a 18 Tb Seagate Exos and in this I would like to keep all the multimedia files that I would use with Plex.

What I can't do is figure out exactly how to see these 3 HDs. The simplest thing I'd like to do is create some folders on the 18 Tb HD and copy the video and audio files and photos into them.
Then the same thing for the HD that would become my cloud, creating folders for data and those for synchronizing mobile phones, etc.

If I try to open the file manager app from the nas desktop it only shows me 3 folders:
- MassimoPalombi (which is my name given to the nas if I remember correctly)
- Homes
- Plex
Could you help me see the 3 disks so I know where I go to copy the files? Thanks for the help. :? :?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Help to understand how to copy files to nas disks.

Post by TMRyan »

You can go to the storage pool module of TOS control panel to view the storage pool information.
From the storage pool information, you can know which hard disk created the storage pool.
storagepool.png
You can then go to the volume module in the TOS control panel to see which volume belongs to the storage pool you want to set up.
volume.png
Finally, you can select the volume you want when creating the shared folder.
new.png
sharedfolder.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
mpalombi

Post by mpalombi »

Thanks for the detailed information.
I was able to create folders and understand how they work. :D

Now if I don't disturb too much I would like to understand why I can't open the SMB page for copying files. It's true that I'm using a program to copy (Teracopy) and it seems fast enough, but I'd like to know why, despite the configuration being exact, I can't do it...

This is the enablement in TOS 5:

and this is the configuration in windows 10:

If I enter in browser (chrome)
\\192.168.1.163
This is the result:

Where am I wrong? :roll:
Attachments
Accesso sul browser.jpg
Accesso sul browser.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Abilitazione SMB in Windows10.jpg
Servizio Files TOS5.jpg
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, you should fill in "\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" on the file explorer instead of filling in the browser.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Developer Discussion Room”