New TOS app conversion question

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
maaeel

New TOS app conversion question

Post by maaeel »

Firstly 2 words re my reasons: I am happy with qbittorrent but... some closed torrent sites I participate in are not quite happy with it, and they block it (apparently it's possible to cheat and lie about usage, which is important to the admins who want people to equally share the love), hence at the moment I cannot use Terra NAS as seed box on those sites.

I wonder is it possible to convert Flood UI so it runs on TOS? https://www.npmjs.com/package/flood and get it to talk to rtorrent (which probably needs conversion from rpm)?

When I say conversion, might be not be appropriate word for that as it will omost likely involve a lot more that just that, I can easily imagine some configuration is needed so Flood talks to rtorrent / qbitttorrent, it of course needs torrent client (rtorrent or qbittorrent), and pre-reqs: nodejs (which I believe is already availabe on TOS), and probably npm too.
Emily

Re: New TOS app conversion question

Post by Emily »

It is possible to run Flood UI on TOS and get it to communicate with rtorrent or qbittorrent, but it may require some configuration and installation. You will need to install nodejs and npm, which may already be on the TOS. You also need to install the necessary torrent software such as rtorrent or qbittorrent. Once everything is set up, you can set Flood to communicate with the torrent application and access it via the UI. However, the process may not be straightforward and may require some technical expertise.

JTWhatsapp