TOS 5 Application Development Guide

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

TerraMaster TOS 5 was finally released two weeks ago!
In the process of TOS 5 development, in order to facilitate third-party developers to develop applications based on TOS 5, TerraMaster's tech team optimized the callable interface of the system, as well as the application's field definition, storage location, encapsulation method, and startup scripts.

The following is the first TOS 5 application development guide released by TerraMaster to the public. There may be some deficiencies in the first version of the development guide. If you encounter problems during use, please contact our tech team and provide us with methods to reproduce the issues, code samples, and screenshots, so that we can analyze and fix them. We will continue to optimize and update the development tools, please pay attention to our updates.

Notes:
Due to the huge system differences between TOS 4.x and TOS 5, applications in TOS 4.x cannot run in TOS 5. Conversely, applications in TOS 5 will not able to work in TOS 4.x.

Technical team contact email
pm@terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MaitreKuc

Re: TOS 5 Application Development Guide

Post by MaitreKuc »

I tested a very simple application, it works I would say, but it should be specified that the application must be in x64_tos5_apps/NAME_APP/output , because in the doc it is not mentioned anywhere and we end up with an error of config.ini inaccessible in the output folder.

Now I need to dig a little deeper into my tests.
NAS : F2-220
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report, we will feedback to the tech team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nickfury1

Post by nickfury1 »

MaitreKuc wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 00:33 I tested a very simple application, it works I would say, but it should be specified that the application must be in x64_tos5_apps/NAME_APP/output , because in the doc it is not mentioned anywhere and we end up with an error of config.ini inaccessible in the output folder.

Now I need to dig a little deeper into my tests.
I got pretty similar issue sir, came here to tell it