3rd party app request and work in progress

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
Trick6

Re: 3rd party app request and work in progress

Post by Trick6 »

Hey, would it please be possible for support for Kativa Reader? Seems like a very good ebook hosting alternative to Calibre.
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

will be done
Trick6

Post by Trick6 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}outkastm
Just saw that it has been done, thank you very much for getting this sorted so quickly! I notice there isn't a TOS4 version, is it finally time that I am convinced to upgrade to TOS5 or is there a way for it to work on TOS4?
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

All the new packages are produced only for TOS5.

Unfortunatelly i have limited resources to create packages for TOS4 (time to build the package, a NAS running TOS4 for testing, installation support etc).
The apps for TOS4 are produced only based on requests via tmnascommunity.eu
Trick6

Post by Trick6 »

No worries, time for TOS5 it is!
rapcat

Post by rapcat »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy
outkastm wrote: 04 May 2023, 04:33 All the new packages are produced only for TOS5. Unfortunatelly i have limited resources to create packages for TOS4 (time to build the package, a NAS running TOS4 for testing, installation support etc). The apps for TOS4 are produced only based on requests via tmnascommunity.eu
Please terramaster team provide this guy a TOS4 device to be able to keep doing things, even more while there are abandoned systems eg. ARM. Thank you!
CraftyClown

Post by CraftyClown »

Hey Outkastm,

I've been hitting my head against a brick wall trying to get a couple of apps working via Docker and I was wondering whether you might be able to do your magic to produce TOS5 compatible versions of them

The two I desperately need to get working are Rclone as I need to set up a mount and Wireguard

If you could get these apps working for TOS5 I would be forever in your debt!
CraftyClown

Post by CraftyClown »

Annoying you can't edit posts on here!

So I realised you have a working version of Rclone already which I've installed. Unfortunately I'm having issues with Plex not recognising any mounts I make with it, but I'll post those issues on the thread you set up

With Wireguard I've tried several times to set it up as a docker container but it looks like it needs to check certain system files that are locked down in TOS. Really hoping you can help with that one :)
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

For mounts to be accessible by Plex, you have to give media group permission to acccess that mounts.
For wireguard, is not possible yet (native or docker) because the kernel is missing the wireguard module
CraftyClown

Post by CraftyClown »

outkastm wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 14:17 For mounts to be accessible by Plex, you have to give media group permission to acccess that mounts.
For wireguard, is not possible yet (native or docker) because the kernel is missing the wireguard module
Ok so just to clarify my Plex install can see all my other libraries and they work fine, just not the one mounted via rclone.
How would I go about setting up my permissions in this scenario?
Sorry, I had things working really smoothly in docker on another server, but now with TOS I'm scratching my head a bit to get this working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated 😁