[ MineCraft ] MineCraft Server

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
outkastm

[ MineCraft ] MineCraft Server

Post by outkastm »

About :

https://minecraft.net/en-us

Minecraft is a sandbox-type game where you gather materials and use them to create things, which is about as understated a description as "the sun is a big bright light in the sky." The poster child for indie gaming success, Minecraft began as a basement coding project by hat-wearing Swede Markus Persson in 2010; it has since become a bona fide phenomenon.

In Minecraft, you play a mute protagonist in an unending retro-blocky landscape populated by lots and lots of NPCs, with no traditional adventure game-type goal other than survival. This seems easy at first. When the game begins, you invariably find yourself on a sandy beach somewhere, and a bit of experimentation quickly yields the knowledge that you can affect your environment by punching things. You can punch trees to break them apart and collect wood, for instance, which you can use to make tools, which you can use to gather more materials, which you can use to make more things. You'll just be getting the hang of the basic mechanics when night falls—and the zombies and skeletons and spiders and creepers come out to collect your soul.

As the game grew more popular, Persson (known to fans by his in-game handle "Notch") hired staff and eventually turned over daily programming duties to other folks. These days, Notch spends his days developing other games and being interviewed by famous Internet journalists, while Minecraft thrives on multiple platforms including PC, Mac, Linux, and XBox 360.

The game has an engrossing single-player component, with a core gameplay mechanism that feels like a LEGO block set—go build stuff!—but it's much more fun to make things with your friends than to labor alone. Public Minecraft servers are widely available (here's a good list), but they have an unfortunate dark side: as with any public online game, keeping out folks bent on making mischief is ultimately impossible. If you want to play Minecraft with just your friends, the easiest way to do so is to run your own server.
MathewR

Re: [ MineCraft ][ 1.17.1.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by MathewR »

Could this be ported for ARM versions or is the Ram and CPU an issue?
jacknas

Re: [ MineCraft ][ 1.17.1.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by jacknas »

Thank you so much for making this available.

I have managed to successfully deploy this on my new F5-221 and it works great.

In addition to this I want to add mods to the server as per this article https://apexminecrafthosting.com/how-to-add-mods/

I have downloaded the forge server forge-1.17.1-37.0.71-installer.jar from below however I don't know how to convert it to tpk to be able to add it to the NAS: https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/mi ... rge/forge/

After this I need to be able to the individual mods that come as individual .jar packages on the server.

It will be great if you could provide some guidance on how I can add these manually or packaged. I don't know how to get shell access to the NAS.
outkastm

Re: [ MineCraft ][ 1.18.0.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by outkastm »

up to 1.18.0.0
erik.meuwese

Re: [ MineCraft ][ 1.18.0.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by erik.meuwese »

MineCraft versions before 1.18.1 should not be used. It contains a log4j version which has a serious remote code execution vulnerability. Please update to 1.18.1
outkastm

Re: [ MineCraft ][ 1.18.1.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by outkastm »

up to 1.18.1.0
outkastm

Re: [ MineCraft ][ 1.18.2.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by outkastm »

up to 1.18.2.0
punsipuny

Post by punsipuny »

The 1.18.2.0 version starts the server with the 1.18 version instead of the 1.18.2 version.

Please fix as soon as possible.
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

please download again 1.18.2.0.