New TNAS Application tutorial

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
m_pashka

New TNAS Application tutorial

Post by m_pashka »

Hello

I have plans to create new application for TNAS and there are several difficulties and unclear things that can be easily solved by TNAS support team with very little effort and thus greatly facilitate new application creation.
  1. Can you please provide example application with open source. That can be very good starting point.
  2. Can you please provide information or example or boilerplate code for common UI tasks that are used in web applications:
    • common UI with menu on the left and content page on the right
    • application API call
    • icon set that can be used in TNAS application (I've found

Code: Select all

http://_NAS_IP_:8181/tos/static/style/font-awesome/demo.html#
      - probably there are another icon sets)
    • file viewer
    • file editor
    • log viewer
    • set of UI dialogs - alert/warning message, ok/cancel dialog, choose dialog
    • common theme usage
  3. Common task for TNAS applications is to run something during installation/uninstallation - e.g. check requirements, download something, run scripts, e.t.c. I bet install-amd64 and install-arm64 are intended exactly to do that during installation and it is possible to alter that installers and add appropriate functionality but original files are closed source. So is it possible to run some script during installation (not during NAS restart) or can you provide install-amd64 and install-arm64 sources to provide possibility to alter default install behaviour.
  4. Probably good idea is to allow dependencies between applications.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: New TNAS Application tutorial

Post by TMroy »

We will check with the team and come back to your topics one by one. Hopefully within this week.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
htynkn

Post by htynkn »

Any update?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

As the team is very busy now, they can't prepare such tutorial in short period. but they have listed it in future plan.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RadicalDave

Post by RadicalDave »

I totally understand how they could be too busy to get one out on short notice. Plus, honestly, I would rather your dev team focused on fixes, features, etc.

I would hope there are enough members here that have experience, that as a community we should be able to do some sample apps, etc. if you can't.

That said, I'm so busy with my day-job/work, I haven't been able to invest the time to get a 'dev environment' setup.

I posted in the Developer Room asking: could we at least get some details, directions and/or instructions on which version of CentOS, etc? Maybe a Docker container that we can at least know we can start with. CentOS has went thru some version/repo changes, etc. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1195 (which now has a reply for 'free solitare' -- and I don't see a way to 'report' it). lol

Thanks!
htynkn

Post by htynkn »

TMroy wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 23:51 As the team is very busy now, they can't prepare such tutorial in short period. but they have listed it in future plan.

even a very simple demo? it can be even a todo list application with a basic web ui.

Without any resource from your team, it doesn't make sense for community to find a way by itself or any developer to waste time to guess how your system works