[ qBittorrent + CLI ] An open-source software alternative to µTorrent

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
philou669

Re: [ qBittorrent + CLI ] An open-source software alternative to µTorrent

Post by philou669 »

My Qbittorrent stop working minimum one a day. i need to restart it manually. can I do a cron command to automatically check if it is active and restart it automatically if necessary. If is possible do you want to help me please.

TerraMaster F2-420 with qBittorrent TOS5 4.5.1.0 x86_64.tpk

Thanks
have a good day
rbtgrmak

Post by rbtgrmak »

After updating my Terramaster F2-221 to version 5.1.24-00324, Plex and qBittorent the two applications I use regularly stopped working.

I uninstalled Plex and reinstalled it, this fixed the issue and Plex was up and running.

However, qBittorent (which was version 4.4.50 from the TerraMaster forum) was uninstalled and I installed 4.1.11 from the App Center. When I tried to update the application by downloading the latest release from the TerraMaster Forum (like I had done before), I was met with "502 Bad Gateway, nginx/1.18.0".

I tried multiple times to update using different versions from the TerraMaster Forum but had no luck. So at the moment, I am stuck with version 4.1.11 which does not give me the functionality I require (the use of VueTorrent WebUI is only available on versions of qBittorrent.

Please can you advise on how to fix this? I have tried to uninstall the existing 4.1.11 and its configuration files before installing the latest version but this has not helped, and vice versa I have tried keeping the existing application and simply installing the new one. This also has given the same error.

I have attached screenshots below. When I install the new version from the forum it seems to create a new port? 8282 is for my existing one and that works fine.

Also attached is a screenshot of the error when clicking on the application.

https://ibb.co/GTLPY5r
https://ibb.co/VqsVbD0
maxx006

Re: [ qBittorrent + CLI ][4.4.2.0] An open-source software alternative to µTorrent

Post by maxx006 »

RedCraft wrote: 29 Mar 2022, 22:34 4.4.2.0 updated and works fine on arm, thank you!
Hi, Please help me, i lost the tpk file for install qbit on my tnas f210.

Can anyone help me the link to download again this file.

sorrry for bad english.

Brgds.
Lostark

Post by Lostark »

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to install several instances of the native qBittorent app on the same TOS? I'm currently using docker containers for that, but just in case I can use the embedded app.

Thanks for your reply
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

Is possible to run separate instances of qBittorrent. For this, the start script must be manually adapted (it will be overwritten when an update will be installed)

It is also possible to create separate apps, to be installed and run independently (qBittorrent1, qBittorrent2, etc)

It is also possible to create separate start/stop script for each instance to run
LuisG

Post by LuisG »

Hi there, first of all I wish to thank you for taking the time to produce such an application.

I was hoping you could help me woth a query. I have an express vpn account and I was hoping it would be possible to run qbitorrent through a vpn. Do you know if this is possible and are there any guides on how to do so.

Please note my knowledge is very limited so I apologise if this is an obvious question.
Thanks in advance
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

- configure your VPN client in TOS and connect
- from qBittorent web interface, in Options > Advanced > Network interface choose tun0
fcs001fcs

Post by fcs001fcs »

I want to change the default save location for BitTorrent 4.5.4.0 but when I do I get an error "error: Permission denied" in the "qbittorrent.log". How do I give access to qBitorrent to access another shared folder location other than "Default Save Path:" "/usr/local/@APP_CONFIG/qBittorrent/downloads"?

Thanks
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

Give to media group write permission on the desire folder
fcs001fcs

Post by fcs001fcs »

outkastm wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 02:10 Give to media group write permission on the desire folder
I did this before, but it did not work. I must have induced an error somewhere.

I did it again; gave "media" group read/write access to the folder desired and it now works.

Many thanks.

Return to “Developer Discussion Room”