[ AdGuardHome ] Network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
outkastm

[ AdGuardHome ] Network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking

Post by outkastm »

About :

Applicable models: x.64 series, ARMv8 series
Applicable TOS4: 4.1.27 or later versions
Applicable TOS5: 5.0.135 or later versions
App download: https://tmnascommunity.eu/download/adguardhome

How to manully install this app on TerraMaster application store?

About

AdGuard Home is a network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking. After you set it up, it’ll cover ALL your home devices, and you don’t need any client-side software for that. With the rise of Internet-Of-Things and connected devices, it becomes more and more important to be able to control your whole network.

Block throughout the whole system. This includes video ads and ads in your favorite apps, browsers, games, and on any website you can imagine. Dozens of ad filters are available to you and are updated on a regular basis, guaranteeing the best filtering quality.

We value the privacy of your personal data above anything else. With AdGuard, you will be safe from online trackers and analytics systems that lurk on the web trying to steal your sensitive information.

Use the Family protection mode to block access to all websites with adult content and enforce safe search in the browser, in addition to the regular perks of ad blocking and browsing security.

piggz

Re: [ AdGuardHome ][ 0.105.2.0 ] Network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking

Post by piggz »

Could you also make this available for arm based boards (F2-210 ;)

Im also looking for a home-assistant addon ... maybe a docker image would work?

Thanks
outkastm

Re: [ AdGuardHome ][ 0.105.2.0 ] Network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking

Post by outkastm »

i will see what i can do for arm version. I dont have a NAS with this architecture, so i cannot test it myself, you have to check and let me know if it works.
For home assistant i think is best to use the docker version
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

piggz wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 20:48 Could you also make this available for arm based boards (F2-210 ;)

Im also looking for a home-assistant addon ... maybe a docker image would work?

Thanks
added arm version
Nodsert

Post by Nodsert »

outkastm wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 03:48 i will see what i can do for arm version. I dont have a NAS with this architecture, so i cannot test it myself, you have to check and let me know if it works.
For home assistant i think is best to use the docker version
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your work carrying out the port of these applications.

I have been testing AdGuardHome on a TerraMaster armv8 series (F-210) and it is not working properly.

Apparently, the configuration file is not deployed.

Attached screenshot:

The log shows the following warning:

Code: Select all

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  fopen(/mnt/appdata/MOD_CONFIG/AdGuardHome/adguard.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/www/modules/AdGuardHome/www/4.php</b> on line <b>87</b><br />
Do you know what it could be? require docker or some dependency?

Thanks.
outkastm

Re: [ AdGuardHome ][ 0.107.6.0 ] Network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking

Post by outkastm »

Docker is not required.

Download again the module and install it, i made some changes.
Nodsert

Re: [ AdGuardHome ][ 0.107.6.0 ] Network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking

Post by Nodsert »

outkastm wrote: 02 May 2022, 04:40 Docker is not required.

Download again the module and install it, i made some changes.
Hello, I just installed it and now it works correctly.

Is there a way to change the admin password?

Thanks!
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

use a tool to generate a new Bcrypt hash, you can use Bcrypt hash
Edit the config file and replace the existing hash on the password line with the new generated hash