[ Nextcloud ] Self-hosted productivity platform

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
sanctimon

Re: [ Nextcloud ] Self-hosted productivity platform

Post by sanctimon »

What is the actual location of the config file in TOS 5.1.24? Nextcloud won't even allow me to configure; under Support & Help the file is not editable.

Is it the same file location that was there in TOS 4?
sanctimon

Post by sanctimon »

Push notifications:

These do not seem to be working in the current version.

I have tried the instructions provided here:

https://github.com/nextcloud/talk-ios/b ... cations.md

And it looks like the problem is all the way in the end:

Code: Select all

ter_curl https://push-notifications.nextcloud.com
404 page not found
Is this because the module is privately compiled?
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

Message 404 seems fine

sanctimon

Post by sanctimon »

Thanks for that - took a bit of troubleshooting to sort out iOS devices because of a secret missing error.

Android started working about a day later mysteriously.
jositodc

Re: [ Nextcloud ][ 23.0.0.1 ] Self-hosted productivity platform

Post by jositodc »

{L_BUTTON_AT}outkastm
outkastm wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 05:44 only root user has write access to /mnt/md0 So before Nextcloud setup, you have to create the folder for NextcloudDATA and change the owner of this folder to user www-data Connect using ssh and run

Code: Select all

[user@TNAS-xxxx md0]$ cd /mnt/md0
[user@TNAS-xxxx md0]$ sudo mkdir -p /mnt/md0/NextcloudDATA
Password:
[user@TNAS-xxxx md0]$ sudo chown www-data:www-data NextcloudDATA
[user@TNAS-xxxx md0]$ ls -ld NextcloudDATA
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Jan  6 22:32 NextcloudDATA
then you can use /mnt/md0/NextcloudDATA during setup
Is it possible once installed, to change the path of the data folder, to store it on another drive? Or do I have to reinstall Nextcloud?
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

First of all: Changing data directory after installation is not officially supported. Consider re-installing Nextcloud with new data directory, if you did not use it too much/added users/created shares/tags/comments etc.

You can follow this guide if you still want to do it

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/howto-chan ... tion/17170
jositodc

Post by jositodc »

outkastm wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 05:50 First of all: Changing data directory after installation is not officially supported. Consider re-installing Nextcloud with new data directory, if you did not use it too much/added users/created shares/tags/comments etc.

You can follow this guide if you still want to do it

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/howto-chan ... tion/17170
Thank you very much for the reply.
My Tnas has two individual disks and in this case disk 1 is the system disk and I want to move it to disk two. Only indicating the installation path /Volume2/NextcloudData? Or do you have to give permissions to that folder and create it first?

greetings
GAMESTOPERF

Post by GAMESTOPERF »

Hello, I am having a problem installing nextcloud on the docker manger app for tos 5. The problem I am having is when configuring the docker image into a container and in the settings. The first thing I tried was changing the network it was setup up to from bridge to host and this let it get past the operation completed since but when I am looking into the logs of the container it keeps restarting and I am getting the errors; "find: warning: you have specified the global option -maxdepth after the argument -type, but global options are not positional, i.e., -maxdepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it. Please specify global options before other arguments." and "AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message" and "(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80" and then "no listening sockets available, shutting down" let me know if anyone has a solution for the problem.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}GAMESTOPERF

Start a separate thread for this as this one is a bare metal install not a docker container version of nextcloud.