[ModBase1] Common libraries and tools for use by other modules

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
RedCraft

Re: [ModBase1][1.00.11] Common libraries and tools for use by other modules

Post by RedCraft »

outkastm wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 05:22 The .tpk packages should not interfer in any way with the TOS file system. They are using independent cross compiled libraries installed outside the TOS system. At least the installation should go smothly but eventually the application cannot start.
But as i said, without a NAS, is difficult for me to test them 100%
I'm very glad you're doing this kind of work without a device. I think the terra-master developers should give you such a device 8-) , especially since you are doing their work for them. Promoting essentially an arm product. I'm a c# developer myself and understand the complexity of the work.
Pavulon wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 05:32Works fine
Thank you!
f2-210
psikic

Post by psikic »

RedCraft wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 22:45 I'm very glad you're doing this kind of work without a device. I think the terra-master developers should give you such a device 8-) , especially since you are doing their work for them. Promoting essentially an arm product. I'm a c# developer myself and understand the complexity of the work.
Absolutely. I'm actually very surprised he hasn't been given one. Considering how much outkastm has done for these devices they should make sure he has every model needed to produce packages for every platform. I doubt it would be difficult to duplicate most of the existing packages for the ARM platform, and giving him a device would allow him to do that.
splaquet

Post by splaquet »

my apologies if this has already been discussed on the thread... but, what's the best method of adding /usr/local/ModBase1/sys/bin to the terminal path.

vi /etc/profile

add
`/usr/local/ModBase1/sys/bin`
to
`export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin`
=
`export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/ModBase1/sys/bin`

is that the advised method or did I totally botch the idea?
splaquet

Post by splaquet »

ahh... yes, that did the trick.

followed up with a

Code: Select all

source ~/.bashrc
, and nano was up and running 😃

wow, how freakin awesome is it that we have an alternative to the VI editor?! seriously TerraMaster, VI... with today's users??? 😝
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

splaquet wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 01:54 my apologies if this has already been discussed on the thread... but, what's the best method of adding /usr/local/ModBase1/sys/bin to the terminal path.

vi /etc/profile

add
`/usr/local/ModBase1/sys/bin`
to
`export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin`
=
`export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/ModBase1/sys/bin`

is that the advised method or did I totally botch the idea?
the best and easiest way is to use the option from the app WebUI. Then the bin path is available automatically for all users when they login to terminal
chrome_1vPndbG5AM.png
marchinho

Post by marchinho »

Hello,
can you please update the arm version?

Thankss
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

What exactly do you need in the update?
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

arm up to 1.00.01 (added unrar and nano)