Drive keeps disappearing after reboot. TNAS does not remember credentials even if option is checked.

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
MilesThatch

Drive keeps disappearing after reboot. TNAS does not remember credentials even if option is checked.

Post by MilesThatch »

Hey, everyone.

My mapped drives keep disappearing after rebooting the PC and from what I've read it has to do with login credentials not being memorized. I do check the option to remember credentials when logging into the mapping tool from within TNAS but it still does not memorize it and the drive still keeps disappearing. I'm gonna run out of drive letters.

How do you get the drives to stay connected?
MilesThatch

Re: Drive keeps disappearing after reboot. TNAS does not remember credentials even if option is checked.

Post by MilesThatch »

If I take a look at the windows credentials, I can see that the TNAS is listed there with a password and ip, however that does not matter as the drive still disappears after reboot.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Drive keeps disappearing after reboot. TNAS does not remember credentials even if option is checked.

Post by TMroy »

This seems a bug of your Windows, it just failed to remember the credentials. Please disconnect your previous mapping to release drive letters.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MilesThatch

Post by MilesThatch »

It seems that after testing around, TNAS doesn't even create the drive letter any more when mapping a drive using TNAS software. I even tried running it as administrator.

I have to use the terminal to clear the letter because the drive does not even appear in Windows. Also for clearing the credentials, is this the correct window?

Is there any way to map a drive without using the TNAS software? We have the F4-210
MilesThatch

Post by MilesThatch »

I can't open the device as a computer or drive, when I double click on the NAS, it opens the browser with the web based interface.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

To map a drive, please use the windows file explorer by instead.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)