TNAS mobile v2.4.1 Beta(TNAS Plus) issue report topic

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

TNAS mobile v2.4.1 Beta(TNAS Plus) issue report topic

Post by TMSupport »

TNAS mobile v2.4.1 Beta(TNAS Plus)released notes

TNAS Plus is a new beta version of TNAS mobile, a dedicated mobile app for TerraMaster TNAS devices. It uses a more reasonable layout, adds some new features, and fully optimizes the UI interface based on the original version. With TNAS mobile, you can access TNAS locally and remotely on your mobile device, back up photos and videos in your mobile device, browse office or PDF documents, upload or download files, browse and play multimedia files, and you can even use TNAS mobile initializes your TNAS device.
Note: TNAS Plus is recommended to be used with TOS 4.2.5 and above.

Applicable models:
All models

How to install TNAS Plus
Android client(v2.4.1):http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/terramast ... 092101.apk(Requires Android 6.0 or above)
Ios client(v2.4.1):Go to the Apple Store, search for "TNAS Plus" and install it.

Important Notice
Beta version is an early version of a program or application that contains most of the major features, but is not yet complete, there may still be bugs. This version is released only to a select group of people, or to the general public, for testing and feedback. We do not recommend that you use the Beta version in your work environment.

Issue report
If you encounter issue during testing, please report to TerraMaster official forum.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=867
In order to better locate your usage problem, Please advise your TNAS model, TOS version, TNAS mobile version, cell phone model and andoird/ios version as much as possible.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Re: TNAS mobile v2.4.1 Beta(TNAS Plus) issue report topic

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Tested on an iPhone 11 Pro Max. iOS14.2, and entered IP address and port (8181), connected and got to login screen, entered correct ID and Password and after a couple fo seconds the response was "Network Connection Error Please try again later." I then tried the https access port (5443) and didn't even connect to login screen.
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Installed and tested on iPhone 11. Connected to my NAS with no issues, interface is clean and much more functional than the original TNAS app. I haven't done much with it yet, but will try to play with features over the next while.

I do have one annoyance, which I have outlined below.

NAS IP/Hostname is not persistent:
- Open app first time, enter IP/Hostname, and enter Username/Password, Login with no issues.
- When I exit the app, and re-launch, it does not save my NAS IP/Hostname.
- I re-enter my hostname, and it shows that my Username/Password for the NAS login is still saved (so, it obviously remembers my IP somehow, but doesn't display it).
- After that, it logs me in without issue.

It would be nice if, once you've connected successfully, it maintains a list of devices that you've connected to previously and allows you to select the one you want. Then, as long as we have the option to decide if we save our password or not, it can still remain secure.

Thanks!
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Still cannot access rsync settings from the app in File service. can this be corrected please as sometimes for no reason whatsoever the Rsync details go missing from my TNAS when rebooted (STILL!!!!) so I have to correct to allow my backups to run but if I am away I cannot correct.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

We will consider your suggestion in the future.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

On the android app android 10 and f2-210 2.06 i cannot browse any settings at all as it drops back to the logon. I can see the options like general in network for example but when I go into it then it bombs back to the login screen
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
scavenger_ro

Post by scavenger_ro »

TNAS mobile v2.4.2 Beta(Android) testing,
TOS 4.2.06
f2-421 - same when going to check HDD Smart Status, it asks for re login every time.

This was present with 2.4.1 and Tos 4.1.31 also, but thought it was a beta issues.
Problem with TOS 4.2.06 is that the old TNAS app is not compatible, and this is the only way of accessing TNAS setting so it's actually a pretty big oversight.
F2-423 proudly running UnRaid
1x Verbatim Store 'n' Stay Nano USB 3.0 32GB (BOOT)
2x 16GB Kingston KVR32S22S8/16 RAM (blocked by Terramaster)
2x 512GB SSD Samsung 970 EVO, BTRFS cache Raid 1
2x 10TB WD White Labels Helium Drives, BTRFS Parrity + Data.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

The 2.4.x version only be applied to TOS 4.2 according to the design. The app setting options have not been adapted yet, and will be fixed in a later version.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
scavenger_ro

Post by scavenger_ro »

TMS wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 22:05 The 2.4.x version only be applied to TOS 4.2 according to the design. The app setting options have not been adapted yet, and will be fixed in a later version.
"TOS4.2.06 is compatible only with TNAS Mobile APP 2.4.3 or above."

Hi TMS, I can understand that, but it would of been nice if that would of been mentioned in the release notes, directing the users to TNS Plus 2.4.3 (that it's still not available). That would of helped to better understand the requirements for the new TNAS Plus app.
F2-423 proudly running UnRaid
1x Verbatim Store 'n' Stay Nano USB 3.0 32GB (BOOT)
2x 16GB Kingston KVR32S22S8/16 RAM (blocked by Terramaster)
2x 512GB SSD Samsung 970 EVO, BTRFS cache Raid 1
2x 10TB WD White Labels Helium Drives, BTRFS Parrity + Data.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

FJC wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 02:18 From where can I download that version 2.4.3?
Sorry, TNAS Mobile APP 2.4.3 has not been released yet, but 2.4.1beta is available.