Mobile App 2.3.23 - login not possible

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
janvollgod

Mobile App 2.3.23 - login not possible

Post by janvollgod »

Hello

Someone already wrote this that the 2.3.23 Mobile app obviously has problems to accept extra characters in the password phrase.

I tested with + - = *

In the desktop TOS App and NAS access the login works without problems, but since 2.3.23, which finally works good with the backup, now the login do not work if using a strong password phrase. Remote access wont work either.
The interesting thing, if the app newly starts, it seems to accept the stored password, but then when click on files, the login comes up.

This is not acceptable! So the Mobile App went useless again because I am not stupid enough to change the passphrase to something a brute force attack could open in 20 seconds.

Please fix this.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Mobile App 2.3.23 - login not possible

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report. Will fix it in next update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ponnu09

Post by ponnu09 »

Has this been fixed at all. I just bought my new 221 model and configuring it. I am not able to access it from mobile app. It is giving login failed error message
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ponnu09
What's your current TOS version? If it's running the latest TOS4.2.07, please make sure you are running the latest TNAS Mobile too. Please get and run the latest TNAS Mobile from our website https://support.terra-master.com/downlo ... uct=F5-221. Please scan the QR code with your mobile phone’s browser to download it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ponnu09

Post by ponnu09 »

NAS is Running on TOS4.2.07. I downloaded the TNAS app from Playstore for andriod phone. When I tried with the link you provided, it is not giving me any option for download with QR code.

Just to you know, I tired with another iPhone...there I am able to login into the app. But, Photos backup is not working. It is not clear, why it is not straight forward
ponnu09

Post by ponnu09 »

Update and further question:

In my Android Phone, I tried again, this downtime downloading the app from the link you provided. Download worked, and I was able to login into. I a trying the Alnum backup option to backup my photos and videos. Looks it is working so far. I need to test it to make sure it is all ok.

In my iPhone, the backup is still not working. I kick started it...and nothing is happening there. Any suggestions here?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ponnu09

May I ask what model and version of Your Apple is, and whether the read/write permission has been turned off? Please try to login again with IP and TNAS ID respectively.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
ponnu09

Post by ponnu09 »

I have 2 iPhones.....iPhone8 and iPhone10 Max. Both has the same problem. I think I tried with IP and ID both.

not sure what you mean by turn off read/write? is it i. the phone or in NAS? or in TNAS mobile app?

just to you know, I am using the same user in Android phone....and backup is working in there. That being said, looks like I need to manually start the backup eventhough it says automatic backup. Can't the backup run automatically in background?

Thanks
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Please check whether the background application refresh permission of TNAS Mobile is set to "WLAN and Mobile Cellular Network".
nas-coyote

Post by nas-coyote »

TMSupport wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 10:52 [at=ponnu09 post_id=6833 time=1609459796 user_id=2830][/at]

What's your current TOS version?
If it's running the latest TOS4.2.07, please make sure you are running the latest TNAS Mobile too.
Please get and run the latest TNAS Mobile from our website https://support.terra-master.com/downlo ... uct=F5-221.
Please scan the QR code with your mobile phone’s browser to download it.
hi
i got on both sides the newest version
didn't matter it it try to login local or via cellphone network the app say
on cellphone network: that i must update to the newest TOS version .... but its 4.2.07 ..
on LAN : user name or password wrong :( (checked it multiple times they are right
:(
Fred