TNAS mobile backup

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
dataonly

TNAS mobile backup

Post by dataonly »

Trying to backup files on my iphone for the first time, the backup process is very slow (still sitting at 450/18472 after 5 hours).
Photos and videos that already backup in the personal space/mobilebackup folder were not correctly dated the date the photos/videos were taken, footage of my 8 yr old daughter when taken when she was 4 has a date of september 2022, and some even dated as 5 days ago??????? Why the time stamp of photo backed up is not correct????
The main use of my TM NAS is to backup photos of the little one so we review those precious moments of her so it is frustrating that those photos/footages were out of order/sequence, how to fix this?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS mobile backup

Post by TMRyan »

The last modification time of the photos you can see on your mobile phone.
In addition, you can check whether there are duplicate photos. We will verify again.
Do you always open the application interface without backup? When backing up, you need to open the application interface for backup.
If you do not open the application interface, you can only back up for one minute in the background, and then you will automatically exit the application.
What is your mobile system version and TNAS Mobile version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
dataonly

Post by dataonly »

Tnas is running latest TOS5 version and app is latest tnas mobile tnas mobile 3 gor ios
So with the photos, they will be grouped them into time/date they were being accessed on the phone and not shooting time?
That way of backup is not ideal right? Photos then will be all out of order then?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

After backing up to TNAS, the modified time displayed on the photo is consistent with the shooting time displayed on the mobile phone album.
You can check whether the time of the photo in the mobile phone album is consistent with that on TNAS?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dataonly

Post by dataonly »

When you said open the backup interface are you referring to the main page after logged in or the page that has backing up…. On top with the big cancel button at the bottom?
I still haven’t finish the backup as I only open backup when I am at home and before bed time, and as until today still less than 800 files backup, 17.5k to go!!!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Background backup is not supported on iOS mobile app currently. The application needs to remain open while you are running the backup task. Backup tasks will pause When switching to other app or the phone screen is off.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dataonly

Post by dataonly »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport
Ok, when the screen is on the number of file back up is indeed faster, hopefully background backup is available to iOS in the next update.
Now back to files date, date is still wrong, it’s is not when the photo were taken or received (saved to photos album when received them from other apps) either. Backup is still yet to complete, 1/4 way through as I only set screen display to stayed on for 5 mins.

Since the mobile backup is only backup photos and videos from phone/tablet, how do I configure the backup to go directly to the default Photos folder (for example to this path Photos/Mobilebackup/[device name in this case my phone]) instead of the current path which is Admin/Mobilebackup/device name/]
TJ27sk
Russia

Post by TJ27sk »

Similar problems. Tnas mobile, iphone.
Some photos have EXIF ​​information removed.
I thought that the photo is copied as-is.
Two files:
IMG_8918.JPG - original file from phone
IMG_8918 (2).JPG - from backup
It can be seen that the shooting date has been removed.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dataonly

You can modify the backup path of photos to /Photos.
After backing up to TNAS, the modified time of the photo is displayed instead of the created time.
dataonly

Post by dataonly »

Modified time as in access time?
I have lots of photos taken 12 years ago, some were not viewed recently but still have 2022 as date?
It is defeating the purpose of the photos backup if the original details are not preserved because you cannot tell when those photos were taken!!!!!!
Is there a fix for this or this is it?