TV network discovery of TNAS problems?

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
Tricky
Great Britain

TV network discovery of TNAS problems?

Post by Tricky »

I have two F5-221 TNAS both on the latest update 71 and both on exactly the same settings, both are visible on the network to two TVs and both of the TVs see the folders....but only one has the names of the folders and can view the contense, but the other just bring up a folder view with no name and nothing in them, anyone experienced this or know what the problem is?
Both are wired to the same network?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TV network discovery of TNAS problems?

Post by TMSupport »

It is possible that the catalog retrieved by the media index is incomplete. Please go to Control Panel - Media Index and click "Rebuild index".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Tried that and it kind of worked in that a couple of folders are now there, but only one has the contense available anything else that might have an effect, never had this problem with the older software.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please provide the logs of media index.

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/media.log /Volume1/public/

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/mediadb/mediadb.log /Volume1/public/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sasabottle

Post by sasabottle »

Can these units also be used to stream TV channels? I want to start a service that would help users from different countries watch unusual and rare channels from all around the world for some fee. I don’t know whether it will become popular because the channels I plan to add are not among the most viewed ones. But still, I want to build a hardware base for this service.
I also want my benq ht2050a projector to be connected to this system so I can control whether the stream is going well and there are no interruptions. It will also allow me to use this small server as a cinema computer to watch movies with my friends.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Haven't had a chance to install SSH terminal, but updated in the meantime to 76 and still have the same problem, prior to update 71 I could see all folder that were sheared even if not listed in the media server!