Looking for something that will back up photos from Android.

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
penright

Looking for something that will back up photos from Android.

Post by penright »

Looking for something to take the place of google photo that can use my NAS.
Something automatic and would still show up pictures after being removed from the phone.
TMym
TerraMaster Team

Re: Looking for something that will back up photos from Android.

Post by TMym »

Hello, you can directly upload files to the NAS via tnas mobile.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
super-6-1

Post by super-6-1 »

If you find something let me know. There app is beyond useless.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Photosynch app from Googleplay store works brilliantly for me
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

In my opinion, having to use an external app (with paid modules) when a special app could be foreseen (as other companies do ... QNap, Synology, ...), is a missed opportunity and a demonstration of little attention to requests . I tried Nexcloud, SyncThing, Rello ... but having to use external apps is exhausting, non-optimized resources are used to make our NAS
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please wait for the release of TNAS Mobile.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

TMSupport wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 18:09 Please wait for the release of TNAS Mobile.
The answer is a bit generic. How long do I have to wait? Because backing up files or photos is not secondary as a problem, after all the NAS was created for that purpose. If I can't do it from the Android phone some of the work that the NAS is dedicated to is not done. Could you at least give a time indication? Days, weeks, months, years ... Thanks for watching
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@scout71
scout71 wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 14:34 In my opinion, having to use an external app (with paid modules) when a special app could be foreseen (as other companies do ... QNap, Synology, ...), is a missed opportunity and a demonstration of little attention to requests . I tried Nexcloud, SyncThing, Rello ... but having to use external apps is exhausting, non-optimized resources are used to make our NAS
I have a QNAP and Synology too, in my experience Photosynch is superior to the Qnap/Synology apps, I have a pre defined workflow that auto copies photos to NAS, then via Hazel to my Photos app and icloud, . But if you don't want to pay, then you have no option other than to wait for TM to produce an app.
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

Charlie_Croker wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 15:52 I have a QNAP and Synology too, in my experience Photosynch is superior to the Qnap/Synology apps, I have a pre defined workflow that auto copies photos to NAS, then via Hazel to my Photos app and icloud, . But if you don't want to pay, then you have no option other than to wait for TM to produce an app.
I am trying Syncthing and I must say it uses very few resources and makes copies very quickly. Only flaw is that it does not have a photo viewer but to make a backup of the phone folders on the NAS is really amazing. However, I will see what they will propose with the new app to decide what to keep. Thanks so much for the tips!
calamariring

Post by calamariring »

I use FolderSync and so far it is good. I can sync not just photos but any folder from mobile to any folder on NAS.
Not really a private cloud though, because it only works when I am home, and I don't want to expose my NAS to the Internet by port forwarding.

Still waiting for TNAS's native app to integrate with their own TNAS ID and I can sync stuff when I am outside.