Can't attach to NAS Server from 1 of 4 machines on my LAN

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
NormLondon

Can't attach to NAS Server from 1 of 4 machines on my LAN

Post by NormLondon »

I have the F4-210 attached to my local area network. All machines on the network are on the same sub-net. On three of the machines, I can run the TNAS software, login, Map a drive and talk to the NAS. On the 4th machine, I can run TNAS, it will locate the NAS, but I can't login and can't map a drive. If I try to net use to the drive using it's IP address, I receive a message that: The network name cannot be found.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Can't attach to NAS Server from 1 of 4 machines on my LAN

Post by TMroy »

Are you talking about that your TNAS PC app does not work properly on one of your Windows PC?
If your answer is YES, please make sure you selected "trust" the app during installation, and turn your firewall or remove the app from block list.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
NormLondon

Post by NormLondon »

TNAS seems to run OK on the one machine. It can find the NAS device, but I have problems logging on. I also can ping the NAS from that machine, but I can't do a net use from the command line or map from the pc application.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
You can try to set the computer's IP and gateway to manual, the gateway setting is the same as the TNAS gateway, and the IP and TNAS IP are in the same subnet. Turn off the firewall and try other browsers.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)