Duplicate files when backing up.

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
JamieLee2k

Duplicate files when backing up.

Post by JamieLee2k »

2.4.4 iPhone (latest Version Currently, 21-3-21)

I see in the forums that version 2.4.5 is out but not for me.

When I back up my iPhone using Album Backup I am getting duplicate files, why is there not an option to skip the files if it already exists? I ran it once and went back to it 20 minutes later and it was on its 5th cycle, I had Automatic backup enabled and after looking at the files I had over 20gb, with file names like (1), (2), (3) etc..... Well you get the message.

A couple of times I tried to pause it and it just restarted automatically, I had to close the app and reopen it.

Also 404 Error on the Help and Feedback section.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Duplicate files when backing up.

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
A new version is expected to be released in a week, and we will fix the problem.
TNAS Mobile 2.4.5 is an application of the previous Android version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Neilpm

Re: Duplicate files when backing up.

Post by Neilpm »

JamieLee2k wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 03:19 2.4.4 iPhone (latest Version Currently, 21-3-21)

I see in the forums that version 2.4.5 is out but not for me.

When I back up my iPhone using Album Backup I am getting duplicate files, why is there not an option to skip the files if it already exists? I ran it once and went back to it 20 minutes later and it was on its 5th cycle, I had Automatic backup enabled and after looking at the files I had over 20gb, with file names like (1), (2), (3) etc..... Well you get the message.

A couple of times I tried to pause it and it just restarted automatically, I had to close the app and reopen it.

Also 404 Error on the Help and Feedback section.
I was experiencing very similar issues as well, please see the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1556

Can you confirm if this is happening as you are backing up for the first time an album with many photos? And what mobile are you using? reason i ask is i think the first time backup process keeps cycling from the start when there are soo many images and if it does not finish the fully cycle it will start again next time with duplicate copies.. well thats what happened to me and I can only explain like that.. to confirm this is the case I tried something out and it worked and since then not had a problem with duplicate copies.. this problem was on my Huawei P30 Pro (same happened on android 10 & 11).

I created a new album folder called "Camera backup" on my phone and moved all my current images from my live camera roll album called "Camera" in to there. I then setup the auto back up of the live camera roll folder "Camera" and now as and when i take photos they backup. I then manually copied over the "Camera backup" folder to the nas drive and I have not set this folder to auto backup. This method works but took a bit of time and ideally you want all the photos together or in folders that are all auto backing up.

All of the above was over the last few weeks, three days ago I moved to a Samsung S21 ultra (android 11) and can confirm that i am no longer having duplicating issues like i did above. I have other issues like i have to be in the app in order for auto backup to work, if the phone is on standby it will stop backing up after a while. I have set all the battery permissions and background app setting on correctly yet still have this issue. I normally have to click on start now regardless on the fact that I have set the interval timer on to any time.

Anyways hope any of this helps you, and I hope the new update will fix the issues for all regardless on the phone.