TNAS PC won't find server

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
GreenTexasLass

TNAS PC won't find server

Post by GreenTexasLass »

TNAS F2-220

So...a few weeks ago the hard drive on my laptop failed. I ordered a new one, replaced it and reinstalled windows....

I've installed the TNAS PC software but it can't find my server. I can ping my server from cmd so I tried to navigate to it via a browser... the screen pulled up, however, when I put in my user credentials it says that my account has been disabled and to please contact my system admin.... I AM the system admin!! I tried the "reset password" button and it asked me for my username.... I put it in and it said my account didn't exist!! How can it be disabled and not exist at the same time! Plus, I know it exists... I've uploaded over 500 movies to this thing!

I'm trying to work with support but they take forever to answer on chat and so far all they've told me was to remove the drives and reboot the machine... then tell them what lights are on the front. I did that and said there is only a power light and a LAN light.... they asked if there were any HDD lights and I said no, because they had me remove the drives. They haven't responded to me since....

I tried to login via the mobile apps but they just spin after putting in my credentials... nothing happens...

Any ideas what to do?

any help would be most welcome!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS PC won't find server

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
Please read this link description: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=608
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
GreenTexasLass

Post by GreenTexasLass »

Actually no...I can't get to that screen to enable a remote session... I can't log into the server at all.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Can’t find the device, please check the following: https://support.terra-master.com/faqs/t ... NAS_device
Can you log in with the account "admin"?
Judging from the prompt, the account you entered is wrong. Have you paid attention to the uppercase and lowercase letters of the account?
You can ping TNAS, we may be able to log in to the background of the device to operate using a terminal tool.
TNAS mobile keeps turning around when logging in. The network may be blocked. Is your mobile phone network in the same network segment as TNAS's network?
It is also possible that the TNAS information has changed. You need to delete the device in the software device list and add it again to try again
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
GreenTexasLass

Post by GreenTexasLass »

so, absolutely nothing has changed on the server that I know of... my laptop died... I repaired it after a few weeks... tried to log into the sever and nothing. My iPad and Apple TV have always been able to log in, but not anymore. The username/password is saved on those devices so there's no issue with upper/lower case.

All devices are on the same network. When I say that I can "Ping" the ip address of the server, that is done via Windows command line, not the TNAS PC software. I've had another one of your techs telling me to "search by IP using the TNAS PC app" but I can see no place to enter an IP to search by.

I have removed both hard drives from the server for fear of losing all of my data on them.

Question: if I return the box (not the drives) back to factory settings, can I then install the hard drives and retain the data? Is the OS software that runs the server exist on a drives that is part of the box or is it on one of my hard drives?

On my laptop, I have disabled the firewall, ensured that access to the server is allowed, and tried to log in a number of ways.... the closest I get is via the web browser but it just tells me that my account is disabled and I need to contact my system admin. If I choose "forgot password" from the same screen and enter the same username, it says the account doesn't exist.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Please refer to the method 2 of this link viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
1. Formatting words appear during the installation process, please stop and turning off the device immediately ,then contact us
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
GreenTexasLass

Post by GreenTexasLass »

I followed method 2. The green lights for the hard drives came on, however, TNAS PC still find the server. I can ping it via cmd line because the server has a dedicated IP Address on my router.
Screenshot 2021-03-14 152516.jpg
If I use my browser to go to the IP address of the server, it does bring up the login page, however, when I log in with my credentials, it says my account is disabled.
browser login.jpg
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,

You need to log in with the user and password set during the operation using method two. After logging in, create the user you want to use again.

TNAS PC cannot find the device, please refer to the following: https://support.terra-master.com/faqs/t ... NAS_device

You can use the ipconfig command to check whether the computer gateway is 192.168.0.1.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)