TNAS mobile -duplicate backup files

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
arch_edgoce7

TNAS mobile -duplicate backup files

Post by arch_edgoce7 »

Album Auto -backup feature is really good. It backsup three iphones and 1 ipad automatically.
But for some reason, while its copying files.. It stops at a certain point (say 1323/ 6500) even though the
switch for autobackup is on. If I reset, it starts again copying files making duplicates copies of images already copied previously.
Now I have three copies of everything and still it wont manage to finish copying the albums.

Any solution to this?

Edd
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS mobile -duplicate backup files

Post by TMS »

Hi,
1.Have you selected photos and videos for backup?
2.Can you find the file that is stuck in the backup?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

Hi guys, im new to the world of nas. I picked up a F2-220 with the sole purpose of keeping a auto backup of photos and videos from phones in my household.

So far the whole setup has been easy and iv created folders and mapped them to my pc, all working fine. I started a auto backup from my phone however it backups very very slow as it is doing everything in my camera folder (about 85gb) and it is over wifi, so far its taken hours to backup 4gb of media. Im actually getting between 30 to 40mb download and 7 to 15mb upload speeds on wifi. The nas box is connected to on a gigabit port and getting speeds of 45mbs download. I expected it to backup faster, or is there something im missing or is there a setting somewhere that might help?

However like arch_edgoce7 pointed out that when it stops or i have to pause it, and i restart auto backup it starts from the start of the 85gb by creating a duplicate file for the same photo already backed up! Is there a way of just backing up new items in the selected folder?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks Neil
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi Neil,
1. The backup video is an large file, you can transfer it on the same LAN with your phone and TNAS device(temporarily turn off tnas.online), the speed will be improved.
2. The problem of repeated backups will be fixed in the next version
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

TMS wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 21:51 Hi Neil,
1. The backup video is an large file, you can transfer it on the same LAN with your phone and TNAS device(temporarily turn off tnas.online), the speed will be improved.
2. The problem of repeated backups will be fixed in the next version
Thanks for the fast reply.

1. I was not backing up online via tnas.online, I was doing it using the LAN but its soo slow. I am in my own home network, phone connected by wifi and the nas connected by gigabit port.

2. That is good to know, look forward to it, how often do you guys bring out updates and when should I expect the next one?

For now I have bypassed both problems by creating a new folder in my phone and moving over the old photos in there so only new photos are currently being backup automatically. And the old ones I backed up on the nas manually. I look forward to the update to include a feature to not backup all files and just new ones and not create duplicate files if it is restarted or stopped for whatever reason.. I know Synology have this and a few more features in their DS file app.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
If there are no special circumstances, we will release two new versions every month starting from this month.
We will solve these problems one by one.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

TMRyan wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 09:12 Hi,
If there are no special circumstances, we will release two new versions every month starting from this month.
We will solve these problems one by one.
Wow two version every month! very impressive.

Thanks for the reply.
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

Hi, sorry again but having done what I have and set everything up, the camera roll does not seem to Auto Backup. To backup my photos I have to click on the "start now" button, is that how it is meant to work or should I be expecting it to actually automatically backup my selected album?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Neilpm
Click "Start Now" and finish backing up the photos.
You add photos again,after the preset backup interval is reached, will the photos on the TNAS not increase?
This may be that some models will not automatically back up, we will fix it in subsequent versions.
What is your phone model and operating system version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Neilpm
TMRyan wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 09:36 Click "Start Now" and finish backing up the photos. You add photos again,after the preset backup interval is reached, will the photos on the TNAS not increase? This may be that some models will not automatically back up, we will fix it in subsequent versions. What is your phone model and operating system version?
Hi Thanks for the reply. That is correct once i have clicked on start now, it backs up my album but it does not auto backup thereafter. I have album auto back switched on and have the automatic backup interval set to 1min. I have a Huawei P30 Pro on Android 10, and am expecting to be using a Samsung S21 ultra within a couple of days.