TNAS mobile -duplicate backup files

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
Neilpm

Re: TNAS mobile -duplicate backup files

Post by Neilpm »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Neilpm
Neilpm wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 04:10
TMRyan wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 09:36 Click "Start Now" and finish backing up the photos. You add photos again,after the preset backup interval is reached, will the photos on the TNAS not increase? This may be that some models will not automatically back up, we will fix it in subsequent versions. What is your phone model and operating system version?
Hi Thanks for the reply. That is correct once i have clicked on start now, it backs up my album but it does not auto backup thereafter. I have album auto back switched on and have the automatic backup interval set to 1min. I have a Huawei P30 Pro on Android 10, and am expecting to be using a Samsung S21 ultra within a couple of days.
Forgot to mention when ever i go back in the app and go in to "Album backup" at the top it will say Last backup at the current time yet it has not.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
The last backup time will only be displayed after you manually back up the album once.
The mobile phone has strict management of application permissions.
You need to set TNAS Mobile to run in the background, otherwise you need to stay on the interface of this application when you use the mobile phone to back up.
To set TNAS Mobile to run in the background, you need to go to APPs>App luanch>TNAS mobile in the phone settings.
After enabling automatic management and then deactivating it, and your huawei mobile phone will have the option to run in the background.
TNAS mobile.jpg
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

TMRyan wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 14:08 Hi,
The last backup time will only be displayed after you manually back up the album once.
The mobile phone has strict management of application permissions.
You need to set TNAS Mobile to run in the background, otherwise you need to stay on the interface of this application when you use the mobile phone to back up.
To set TNAS Mobile to run in the background, you need to go to APPs>App luanch>TNAS mobile in the phone settings.
After enabling automatic management and then deactivating it, and your huawei mobile phone will have the option to run in the background.
TNAS mobile.jpg
Hi again, thanks for the tip i followed the settings and matched what you showed without luck and I also tried turning them all on and back on auto all without luck unfortunately, it still does not automatically backup. is there anyone else reading this and can confirm that the album auto backup feature works for them??

As for the last backup time displayed, in my case it is not showing the date/time of when I'm manually backing up it is showing the date/time of when I go in to that section of the app. I have tested it repeated number of times and can confirm this, so I'm guessing there is something wrong with the app on my device. Can someone else confirm it is working ok on their device??

Anyone else out there who can confirm if this is working fine on their phones? im moving to a new Samsung in the coming days, so hopefully it works smooth on that device.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Will TNAS not add photos after waiting for a while after you add photos in your phone's album and TNAS mobile can run in the background?
When you enter, the last backup time is displayed as the current time. It should be that the newly added pictures were backed up the moment you entered the App.
You can check the last editing time of the backup photos on TNAS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

TMRyan wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 18:02 Will TNAS not add photos after waiting for a while after you add photos in your phone's album and TNAS mobile can run in the background?
When you enter, the last backup time is displayed as the current time. It should be that the newly added pictures were backed up the moment you entered the App.
You can check the last editing time of the backup photos on TNAS.
After taking photos which are saved in the selected album, these will not back up automatically, auto back is on, and i have also set the time interval to multiple timings to test but all without luck, currently on 1min.

The app is running in the background at all times, the settings are set to this effect with Run in background on.

Even when i am in the app, open, on the album backup screen it will not back up automatically. I have to click on start now in order to back up the photos.

The last backup date/time across the top displays the time i have gone in to the album backup section of the app and not when it has actually been backed up. If i go in the Album backup it will show the time i went in to it at the top (even though it has not backed up) and when i click on start now it will update that time and will backup. Thats just a bit misleading but im not worried about that at the moment, but thought i will mention it as im trying the resolve the auto backup issue and it might be related.

When i click on start now and backup is done, on the nas drive I can see "date" which is the date/time the photo was taken on the phone and also "date created" which shows the date/time the backup was done. Both these show correctly to the time I have clicked on Start now.

For your information the app version is 2.4.5.

Is there anyone else with real time experience on using this feature, can confirm if its working for them?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
We will fix this issue as soon as possible.
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

TMRyan wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 18:36 Hi,
We will fix this issue as soon as possible.
Great, looking forward to it.

Thanks